If you were to create an additional questline for a guild, which would

Darksun45230

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which guild deserves more quests?

• Companions; I am honorbound!
    • Winterhold College; School of Witchcraft & Wizardry needs TLC!
    • Thieves Guild; Lead thy pickpockets into thine Golden Age!
    • Dark Brotherhood; Murder, death, conspiracies? Do want!
    • More Factions; my choices should actually matter.

Let's face it, with the creation kit coming out soon, we should recirculate some old ideas for new inspiration.

If you were to create an additional questline for a guild, which would it be?

In the Companions questline we:

* Killed bandits.

* Learned of a secret order within guild.

* Became a Werewolf.

* Put an honored hero to rest.

If the Companions questline expanded we could:

* Have more Werewolf quests.

* Kill more bandits.

* Learn of a double-secret order within the guild.

* Learn the true meaning of honor (Ex: to betray an ally to save a friend or condemn him to death to save face.)

In Winterhold College we:

* Learned in a small classroom.

* Desecrated ancient Nordic tombs.

* Desecrated ancient Dwemer tombs.

* Fought a silly, unsatisfying final boss.

If the College questline expanded we could:

* Desecrate even more ancient tombs!

* Piss on the traditions of the Nords, Imperials, Dunmer, and even Bosmer!

* Rebuild the effin' school, yo.

* Recruit, train, and teach.

In Thieves Guild we:

* Burned their beehives!

* Collected debts.

* We're betrayed!

* Settled an old score.

If the Guild questline expanded we could:

* Steal from the rich, and give to the poor.

* Steal from the rich, and give to ourselves.

* Pull off fantastic heists that the bards will sing of for all millennium.

* Steal from the rich, and woo their daughters (or sons!)

In the Dark Brotherhood we:

* Hailed Sithis!

* Murdered an Emperor.

* Befriended a madman.

If the Dark Brotherhood expanded we could:

* Murder a god.

* Befriend even more madmen.

* Find a dozen different ways to kill a man.

In factions we:

* Followed the same route with identical forces and questlines only to discover our choice didn't have any effect other than some dialog options.

If factions were expanded we could:

* Get a decent Werewolf questline.

* Get a decent Vampire questline.

* Follow the Psijic order.

* Follow the Sydnod order.

Gentlemen, your choices are many. Be stalwart, and may the Divines guide your path.

I voted all.

Thieves Guild: I feel that all the guilds needs more content. The thives guild had a lot of work to it if you include countless missions to rebuild it, but those missions are just very boring and so repetetive besides from those, the whole guild questline is to short, they were fun, but too short.

The Mages College: The mages college recruited me even if i did'nt use magic, i became an archmage, without any magical knowledge, because my character was there for the adventure, not the title..this should be fixed, you should have had 2 lines of quests for the mages college. One for those who dwell in the realm of magics and one for pawns who do the mages dirty work (like spilling blood and such) or maybe both for mixed characters..at least ther should have been a border you could not cross unless you had enough magical experience. Magic should not be something you can learn on the whim neither should a panzer warrior who is dumb as a treestump be able to achieve "archmage"

Dark Brotherhood: It was a fun recruitment, but the questline was way to short, the murder of the emperor should have been WAY more difficult, i could sneak past those guards like nothing was there.

Companions: Well i like this questline the most, it felt a lot better to play, it had a lot of good things about it, but as usual, this one was also a little to short, and the fact that you need to do repetetive quests to unlock further special quests is just annoying.

Bard College: Could need a little work, what you do got nothing to do with bards besides collecting lost instruments and poems. I want to play bard songs and maybe earn a little money by playing at tavers.

More faction: Well you have hidden factions if you worship the daedra gods, but to be honest, not all of the daedra is coming along are they? Like Boethia and Molag Bal, to be honest if you choose one of the lords the other one should refuse to talk to you or you could commit betrayal, but loose the artifact from that daedric lord in the process. making factions out of the daedric lords would limit the number of daedric artifacts you can have and force the player to choose what kind of factions suits him most. you also have those who don't care of course. but having the Ebony mail and the Mace of Molag Bal just does'nt make sense.

There are a promising mod on the way - Vigilants of Stendar..it's already ingame, but the player cannot join them, having this faction could also have an amusing conflict if you helped a daedric lord/lady. And they could try to kill you all the time if you were a daedric worshipper, much like dark brotherhood when you get a contract on your life.

The orcs: Well you can visit if you do a little dirty work or get to know an orc really well, but can you join them? I could not, as an orc by race you should be able too.

Overall, skyrim factions might need a final brush, but what they have is really good despite the short questlines.

But the ones we are missing as mentioned above i would gladely see ingame.

Considering the limitless application of magic, I'm thinking the college needs some serious work. I liked how they did it in Oblivion, but as Sk8on said, you could basically do everything while barely having any... aptitude.

Think about it. Rebuild the place, add more schools, increase magic's reputation around skyrim, require "transcripts" from the different holds (ala Oblivion) to get in, etc...Limitless!

For the Dark Brotherhood: Is it even possible to kill a god without messing with the lore? but i'm not going to lie, i love the idea, i think the scene when you see a god and then see that the dark brotherhood has come to judge the god through the name of Sithis is very very epic.

For the Psijich order: those guys to me are like the grey beards to others, we need to be able to join them o.o those guys are awesome

The College questline. It leaves so many things unfinished that I was actually quite suprised it's the end. In the expansion, we could 1) learn what the hell this eye of magnus actually was 2) learn more about psyjic order 3) learn more about the accident that caused the destruction of Winterhold