Armor Pack - Addon, not replacers; for higher ingame-variety

Vickal

Hey everybody!

I have an idea, and it is also a request to all modders here.

As we all know there are tons of replacers, like revealing armor or just retextures. But they are just replacing the armor, making all armor of that kind retextured or revealing.

Wouldnt it be cool if someone can get the permission of these modders, and pack some good looking modded armor into one pack, giving them different IDs, and add them to the leveled list?

So there is a chance to have e.g. revealing armor AND vanilla armor AND retextured armors in the game, also with a chance to have enemies equipped with it.

It would add a lot of variety into the game, and thats one of the things the game lacks for me at the moment. For example, why there is only one variation of glass armor? It would be cool if there were different variations existing in the game, for example a revealing version as a "light armor".

What do you think? Please tell me your opinion, and maybe there is someone who can fulfil my wish.

A perfect example for a existing mod with this principle is Weapons of the Third era. This mod adds new weapons into the game (add, not replace), adds them to the leveled list, so also enemies can wear them. Also, you find them spread out through the world. Thats perfect immersion, combined with an increase of variety!

I really like to have something like this for armor.

Edited by Vickal

And they will be like that when the Creation Kit is released. Right now, modders are working with much more difficult tools to get armor in game.