K K castle and ck editor id advice needed.

silwerbullet

Walking around in Nuka World kiddie castle I found some walls has id and others don't, is that normal?

One wall had a id of (06036ad5)[ep] , how do I search for it in the search text field ?

One id I found was (0602bacf) in the kiddie castle but search text just bombs out with no result.

In the editor id field names of items has a coloured block (green/yellow..) what do they mean and which ones can I use to build with.

I know this is a lot of questions , but I am really trying to get my head around the workings of the creation kit.

That second is likely a reference id, not sure how to search for them in the CK, but if you download FO4Edit, it's very easy, just search that FormID. It'll tell you what base object is placed it is, which you could then use for whatever purpose you want it (mod to make it craftable, location mod that you want to use it in, etc..).

I'd check how to look it up in the CK, but I don't currently have access to it.

In the CK, it's:

Edit -> Find Text

then type in the formid you are looking for. Since you are looking at an object that is part of a DLC, you have to adjust it for the fact that not all plugins are being loaded. If you only have the base game, DLCNukaWorld.esm, and your plugin loaded, anything that is part of the NukaWorld DLC would have 01 as the first two characters (instead of 06).

The records you are looking for are:

PaintedWoodDoorLoadB02 "Door" (base id is 001BED84)

BannerTrianglesRedWhiteBlue01 (base id is 0008584F)

I doubt these are what you meant to click on. You likely are trying to select walls that are part of a precombined mesh, to be able to see the reference id in-game you'll have to add the line bUseCombinedObjects=0 under [General] to your Fallout4Custom.ini*. This will disable all precombined meshes, allowing you to actually find the id for those walls (and the ones that seem to have no id as well). You'll probably change it to bUseCombinedObjects=1 once you are done, as that ini edit causes performance drops, especially in heavily cluttered areas like the city.

*If you don't already have one, make a new one in the same folder as your Fallout4.ini

That was totally not the records I was looking for. I will add the line to my custom ini and head back into the game to have a look at those walls again.

Could the 06 - 01 change also be why the ids I get in the FO4Edit is not the same as in the Creation Kit ?

What you say about the combined mesh makes me understand that that is why the kiddies kingdom castle id in the CK has a yellow block before it. It show 15 items but can not be selected with its own id.

This info will be of great help, thanks again.

Am currently watching every video tutorial I can get about building a settlement/fortress with CK, but the nerves to start is not there yet...

It might explain the different ids, depending on what you mean. The first two characters in the 8 character FormID are always the load order (00 for Fallout4.esm, so searching (in the CK) using the last six characters will always return a record from the base game). It uses hexadecimal, so the first 9 plugins (DLC and/or mods) will be 01 to 09, and the 10th to 15th will be 0A to 0F, then it rolls over to 10 and repeats. In the CK, you usually only have your mod, and any masters (in this case, Fallout4.esm and DLCNukaWorld.esm, plus any others you might be using records from)

I haven't done a much in the CK, particularly in the cell/render window, so I'm not 100% certain on the yellow block. It might be precombined meshes*, or it might be a static collection, or you might be attempting to select a lightbox/sound volume/who knows what (I think this one is the most likely). I would think you should be able to select the individual items as long as it isn't a static collection**, you might just have to zoom in until you are past the edge of that defining volume.

*I doubt it, but I'm not certain. Everything that I know points to it not being due to a precombined mesh, I have never had an issue where I couldn't select an individual object that I knew to be part of a precombined mesh. They are used to reduce performance load in-game***, as far as I know they aren't actually loaded by the CK

**or a pack-in, which seems to be a weird type of cell that seems to be a collection of records that is used by other cells. I think that acts in a similar manner, but I haven't really put much work into figuring them out.

***They work by stopping the parts of meshes that would not be visible (due to overlap with another object) from rendering

What you have selected is not a placed object (or a precombined one, for that matter), that's a Layer. Layer's are used for organizing things in the CK, so you can hide and show groups of things as you need. You could think of it as a keyword, that's used only in the CK and not in-game. It's also not the yellow block.

I'd find out precisely what the block is, but the CK is being weird when I try and search for the things again, it's not centering properly, and because the CK is a steaming pile of s#*! (coding-wise), trying to locate the right spot by moving around a large cell like that is an exercise is frustration, as it freezes for 15 seconds every time I try to move an inch/change the camera angle (and my computer is no lightweight).

Right, after reading your answer it gave me an idea. As shown in the image the editor id in the layer was DecoMainA1x1Wall01 so I searched in the object window filter for deco and found the same name with a purple icon before it (highlighted in image).

After a bit of guessing in cell view I found the cords and a lot of struggling with the controls the castle it self. Is there something I can toggle to see what the name is of a wall or block in this window?

http://i.imgur.com/V6LNx6a.jpg