Skyrim Armor Dyes - Color Schemes

droscoe2

Skyrim Armor Dyes - Color Schemes  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Pick up to FIVE of your favorite color combinations for a 'dye theme' on Skyrim armors. Think about each one! Please read below for more info

2. 2. (Cont'd) Pick up to SIX of your favorite color combinations for a 'dye theme' on Skyrim armors.

• Gold / Forest Green
    • Gold / Navy
    • Gold / Dark Purple
    • Gold / Burgundy
    • Gold / Silver (Grey)
    • Navy / Silver (Grey)
    • Forest Green / Brown
    • Black / Black
    • Black / Charcoal Grey
    • Black / Orange
  3. 3. Interesting Color Combinations - Pick ANY number of them, or choose 'None of These' if you dislike them all.

• Black / Pink
    • Black / Aqua Blue
    • White / Pink
    • White / Aqua Blue
    • Gold / Pink
    • Gold / Aqua Blue
    • Navy / Orange
    • Burgundy / Teal
    • None of these

SAD

Skyrim Armor Dyes

Section 1

- PLEASE only pick up to five.

Section 2

- PLEASE only pick up to six.

Section 3

- Pick one, a few, or all of the available color choices. If you don't like any of them, choose None of These. Although having options help make everyone happy, it would be in your interest (if you don't like them) to choose 'None of These' because it would take that much less time to finish the mod.

I won't be able to control whether or not people really follow this, but if you have checked my mod post before and you want to help me get this done, please follow the guidelines.

I suspect you will wonder why a 'dye system' would only incorporate certain colors, and not all of them. I intend on using 'most or all' of the color combinations, but after the community votes on their favorites I'll be able to see any obvious unpopular color combinations.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- For the options that have Black or White, I kept their secondary colors generic. Each armor set is different (when coloring) and there are endless possibilities of colors to choose from when you consider all the different tones, hues, and saturation values. Yes, a lot of people will want Black and Blood Red on their armor, but not EVERY armor set looks good with that Blood Red on it. Please consider those as 'loose approximations' of what the final product will be. For example, White/Blue would most likely be White/Navy etc.(maybe even White/Teal-Blue to represent arctic gear...?)

- The color choices do not represent (in stone) what the exact value, saturation, tone, or hue the final product will be. Coloring armor comes out different depending on what set you're working on. I suppose this is a just a generic disclaimer.

- Saturation of colors will be done tastefully. Skyrim armors, for the most part, are not that saturated with color. Each color will be designed to compliment the rest of the armor texture.

- Some colors schemes will look better on certain types of armor. For example, Forest Green/Brown may not look appealing on metal armors, but would look great on lighter ones (studded, hide, etc). It would be perfect a 'ranger' class or something. Anyway, consider the fact that I realize certain color schemes only fit certain armors.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

New Info and Update

This mod idea has changed drastically in several ways. The previous paradigms of S.A.D. can be viewed here, but is not necessary. I will preface this update with an apology for the lack of updates, I am in college, have a job, girlfriend, and my computer has been down for quite some time. Just popped in a new Corsair PSU! :)

Several members of the community have given their advice and opinions on both the demand and feasibility of this project. I've taken their thoughts into great consideration along with my own concerns about time, efficiency, and commitment. I've also learn a couple new techniques in GIMP that really improve my efficiency and accuracy.

Besides the poll, I'd like to hear from you with regards to how the dye system will be carried out. Please give some feedback about the ideas below!

Dyes

- Crafted at a Dye Table (alchemy table recolored) from ingredients found throughout Skyrim.

- Some are purchased from an artisan at a shop. The artisan also sells various alchemy items/ingredients

- Dyes are applied to armor by the Artisan, who is specially trained in the craft.

Unknowns (Feedback!!!)

- In which town should the artisan reside?

- Should dyes be included in leveled lists to be found in chests etc?

- How hard will the script be? Give the Artisan a dye, select what armor piece (or apply to all armor pieces), retrieve from Artisan after an hour in a special chest? Via menu?

- How will the dyeing take place?

Take care,

droscoe2

Edited by droscoe2

And how exactly are you planning on doing it?

It is possible to create a smithing recipe, something like: "Gold/Black Steel Armor" - needs "1 Steel Armor, 1 gold dye, 1 black dye".

But in that case, you would not be able to dye upgraded or enchanted armors.

Do you have any other thoughts?

Ideas on Direction

- If an experienced modder with scripting knowledge could find a way, I would allow you to dye enchanted armors. Otherwise, so far the direction is to allow players to craft colored armors, whether it be by dialog with an Artisan or via Forge

----

- Collect ingredients throughout Skyrim / Combine at an alchemy table to create a specific Dye

OR

- Magical color stones are distributed throughout Skyrim (via leveled lists) and can be used to craft colored armor at a Forge. (These Color Stones are fragments of Red Mountain that were thrown into surrounding provinces during the eruption) This would essentially take away a couple of steps, instead of Finding Ingredients, then finding an Alchemy table, then using the Dye, you'll be able to use these Color Stones at a Forge right away...

----

- Dye the armor through dialog options with an Artisan at a shop

OR

- Craft new colored armor via Forge w/ required ingredients

Thoughts?

Edited by droscoe2