Selling your special stuff you don't want to sell.

jjb54

A fellow FO4 player was frustrated that he kept selling his special made weapons and armor ....

So I offered him this tip and he thought it was great and that I should share it.

So here it is:

At the armor - weapon work bench you have the option to NAME your special items and such. In my case I do the following:

My current player's name is John Michael.

So the weapon - armor have:

JM's-Laser Gun ( or what ever name you wish.

JM's-(armor / clothing.)

The stuff is easily seen JM's and is all grouped together in the Weapon - Armor Inventory so the chance of "selling them on accident" is removed, unless you are seriously not paying attention.

Hope it helps! :smile:

.. Jj ...

I've started doing that again. Especially as I keep accidentally selling my armor that I'm wearing. No one wants to see a guy in his birthday suit in Diamond City market, lol. Though he hasn't had any objections yet :)

Giving your weapons any name at all will usually suffice. Personally I like to name all my favourites with names starting with an A or B so that they get listed up near the top.

... :) that works too.

I stick AA in front of my modded weapons, that way they always appear at the top of my list and are easy to find. If I'm modding weapons to give to companions or settlers, they have set in front of the name.

I've never had that problem, but maybe it's because I only carry one weapon at a time that I'm using and I apply specific items to armor so I know what it is I'm wearing...everything else I want to keep, weapons and armor are dropped off at one of my homes and placed in a container, but it's a good idea for those with bad memories.