Flicker-less Lighting Mods?

Zaayl

The flickering that almost every single mod that changes Skyrim's lighting seems to cause whenever you carry a light source is driving me absolutely insane. At this point I'll settle for a mod that's almost identical to vanilla lighting, if it doesn't trigger this bug (the trade-off isn't worth it imo)

I do not have multiple lighting mods at any given time, or even any weather mods. The flickering is also not present at all if I revert to vanilla lighting.

So the main thing I want in a lighting mod, is for it to remove lights that have no source, where the floor is just emanating a mysterious light (Dwemer ruins are especially bad about this) because that 1) annoys me almost as much. 2) Almost entirely eliminates the point of having torches and light spells in the game. I don't need something giving each individual candle its own distinct light, because I think we have proven the engine cant handle that properly.

I have tried pretty much every fix on the internet, I have been trying to fix this problem for around two years now, and had hopes SSE's lighting improvements would eliminate it and not just be exactly the same.

Any recommendations?

For SSE I have tried RLO (It triggered it the least often, but when it happened it looks abysmal.) and Relighting Skyrim (Triggered it with less intensity, but more frequency.)

Or you can just post the issues you are having with the mods in question at their mod threads, to let the mod author(s) know that their mod has issues, so they can rectify that error.

I haven't seen a post from you about any issues on Relighting Skyrim, how am I supposed to know about any present issues if end users doesn't inform me of such issues? Or inform sydney666 for RLO for that matter.

I figured it was one of those things that never gets bothered with? Honestly every single post I've ever seen about this bug in the excessive amount of time I've spent trying to troubleshoot it the only answer anyone ever gets back is "Oh its a engine issue" Which has ranged from the discussion topics for pretty much every lighting mod there is, to reddit, steam, gamefaq boards. So it kinda gave the impression that these were known issues.

The "engine bug" you're referring to is the limitation of the light sources a mesh can use. Say, I make the lighting for some small farm (which is typically 2 meshes, left side and right side), and I have this limitation of how much lights I can place there (which is generally 6 if I'm not mistaken, but when you start doing this sometimes it starts flickering with 2 or 3 only). If I put more lights, they either flicker or don't show at all. The same applies to exterior lighting, so if I want to ligh up a building with torches/lanterns/fire barrels, I also have this limitation, which makes walls and ground flicker if I use too much light sources.

It is quite tricky as it is and sometimes takes a vast amount of time to make the lighting work, be realistic enough and not put you in total darkness. Now you come there carrying a torch and you produce one more light source with it. In 99% of hand made places (where light sources were added or adjusted by hand) the author did'nt count for this excessive light source. Even if the place is not built up to a maximum amount of lights it can take, the moving light can cause wonders with Bethesda made game and sometimes it will flicker still.

It can be troubleshooted in some places, but the author needs to know the _exact_ location you're talking about, i.e. which wall/road/ground flickers.

So the only other option for you as of now will be to not use any mods that make hand placements of light sources.

Edited by ttabakova

What ttabakova said, this limit is one of the biggest let downs in this game anf good enough a reason to stop playing it for some.

Surpised Beth didn't remove this in SE. So far posting over at Beths beta forums has yielded no fruit either, they haven't even acknowledged it.