Hearthfire: Does Having Kids Cancel out Bandit Encounters at Lakeview?

RogueReverie

Hey Everyone,

So I'm trying to figure out how to get the Hearthfire bandit quests to trigger at Lakeview. I use a lot of mods and have had to be tedious in order to get past the marriage bugs of the game in order to get my spouse to live at Lakeview, and everything seems to be working well. I built my Lakeview house and have my spouse living there. I then adopted two children so they are living there as well. Usually my house got attacked often when I would travel around and return (such as the bandits, the giant, wolves, etc.) but I notice that there are no attacks in my current play-through.

I'm wondering if having the kids there changes things since they are often outside when I fast travel there and want to greet me with something. I haven't seen any attacks or any hostile creatures around, so I was wondering if anyone knows if having the kids cancels out any dangerous encounters at Lakeview.

Is there something I need to do still in order to trigger the radiant quests to occur? I have a steward living there but have not become jarl of Falkreath yet so no housecarl. How do I trigger the radiant quests to occur? I've tried travelling all around and back so that a lot of time goes by, and I've waited a few 24-hour periods in other towns before fast travelling back. What am I missing? Should I try checking before I adopt the kids?

Hey Everyone,

So I'm trying to figure out how to get the Hearthfire bandit quests to trigger at Lakeview. I use a lot of mods and have had to be tedious in order to get past the marriage bugs of the game in order to get my spouse to live at Lakeview, and everything seems to be working well. I built my Lakeview house and have my spouse living there. I then adopted two children so they are living there as well. Usually my house got attacked often when I would travel around and return (such as the bandits, the giant, wolves, etc.) but I notice that there are no attacks in my current play-through.

I'm wondering if having the kids there changes things since they are often outside when I fast travel there and want to greet me with something. I haven't seen any attacks or any hostile creatures around, so I was wondering if anyone knows if having the kids cancels out any dangerous encounters at Lakeview.

Is there something I need to do still in order to trigger the radiant quests to occur? I have a steward living there but have not become jarl of Falkreath yet so no housecarl. How do I trigger the radiant quests to occur? I've tried travelling all around and back so that a lot of time goes by, and I've waited a few 24-hour periods in other towns before fast travelling back. What am I missing? Should I try checking before I adopt the kids?

I have used the Lakeview Manor very thoroughly and I can thoroughly remember having kids in the house whilst my spouse was kidnapped by bandits!

But it took a really long time though.... I was gone for a long time from my home, Adventuring in Solstheim, And when I came to visit my spouse and the kiddies, I was abruptly informed of what happened and set out on a rescue mission!

Give it more time maybe? Otherwise, I hope someone can help you find out if this is a bug.

It could be a time thing, I'm just concerned about not seeing wolf attacks or the giant attacking since those seemed to happen frequently in my games that I didn't have kids living with me. I can keep playing I suppose and just hope that it's a time thing.