Dwemer powered armor

perfection

Have it powered by your magicka, in non combative situation have in a sort of idle mode where it does not take more maicka per second than you can regenerate but as soon as combat starts have it drain your magicka at an acceptable rate + a factor of how much damage you take. Maybe make it conjourable? Like in the privious games where you were able to conjure deadra armour. I miss that :/

Its a very nice idea but something seems very strange:

Gauntlets/ boots; 1 Common soul gem (filled with common soul), 1 dwemer gear, 1 dwarven oil, 3 dwarven metel ingots, 2 steel ingots, 1 leather, 2 leather strips

When equipped the boots provide +250 carrying capacity, 2X speed

I tought a power armor should make your movements slower and less agile... i would say if it modifies your speed it should make you much slower and restrict your ability to sprint for realism and balance.

And i think it would be also quite imbalanced if you would be able to upgrade it by smithing, you should be able to upgrade it by a dwemer scientist but not by yourself.

Edited by Otzdarva

Its a very nice idea but something seems very strange:

Gauntlets/ boots; 1 Common soul gem (filled with common soul), 1 dwemer gear, 1 dwarven oil, 3 dwarven metel ingots, 2 steel ingots, 1 leather, 2 leather strips

When equipped the boots provide +250 carrying capacity, 2X speed

I tought a power armor should make your movements slower and less agile... i would say if it modifies your speed it should make you much slower and restrict your ability to sprint for realism and balance.

And i think it would be also quite imbalanced if you would be able to upgrade it by smithing, you should be able to upgrade it by a dwemer scientist but not by yourself.

Depends on what your speciality is in game, if you are the average barbarain nord warrior who aquired it by dungeon crawling chances are you wouldn't have the requisite skills to craft it either but improving the armor would be nothing more than sticking another quarter inch of steel onto the chest, although you still couldn't do that unless you are heavily invested in black smithing (60+) plus 2-3 perks. Not to mention just making the damn thing would require 60+ skill ranks in smithing, 70+ ranks in enchanting and wasting 5 perks on smithing and a minimum of three on enchanting, not to mention probably several thousand gold in materials., plus you would not be able to enchant them with cutom stuff.

As for slowing you down that is debatable, if you have wheels on your feet you would go faster, but still wouldn't be anymore agile, but even without that,this stuff is augmenting your strength, considerably, but it also weighs a ton, well technically half a ton, this would not be very light stuff, but it increases your land speed but not your reflexes, because one is related to muscle strength, which any mechanical appendage can increase with the right construction, and the other is dependant upon hand eye coordination and nueral input, which is not so easily upgraded by any means. RL example would be a pair of mechanical legs a man developed some 15-20 years ago using high end composite materials, they gave him a walking speed of around 10 MPH and a jogging speed around 30 or so, and they were entirely mechanical, but they were also expensive I i am not entirely sure what happend to the company of the product, and although they could give you a better slam dunk than Micheal Jordan, they were still only usable by few people, and repairable by fewer people if any.

This powered armor might not increase speed, god knows if multiple meshes get made we could have many different variations. God knowsthere are multiple ideas on how powered armor should be, as a thought consider the difference in approach between Iron-Man and Iron-Monger.