ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Black Sacrament Armor Mod from OG to SE Help Needed

PrincessAmysDragons

As I really love this mod and really want to us it, I'm hoping someone who has got this working already and knows the process of installation well can assist me.

I am playing using this mod ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5696/? ) in Skyrim SE after downloading the High Def 4-1 version of the mod manually from OG and manually installing it to Skyrim SE. I have the quest in the game, I can get all five locations and all of the materials, but then when I craft the armor in game it is invisible. I have installed this successfully in SE before, but it seems that this time I missed a step somewhere and I'm hoping that someone can help me.

Installation:
I manually downloaded the file:
Black Sacrament Armor V4-1 - High Def

Included in this file after extraction:

fomod (folder)
optional (folder)
readmes (folder)
scripts (folder)
textures (folder)
BlackSacramentArmor.bsa (file)
BlackSarcamentArmor.esp (file)

The files from above that I moved into my H:\Gaming\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ Data folder are:

fomod (folder)
scripts (folder)
textures (folder)
BlackSarcamentArmor.esp (file)

So, now the items crafter are invisible and make the character invisible when worn but are still there.

Bugs I know of:
Moving the BSA file from above into the Data folder causes Skyrim SE to be unable to launch into the game.

Please if anyone is able to assist in any way it would be greatly appreciated. What haven't I done that I missed to get this working in Skyrim SE?

Thanks

Additional:

Tried this:

Issues:
On step 3, if you copy the BSA into the Data folder Skyrim SE will no longer launch.

1. Download manually from Nexus. Choose either HD or SD version (do not install both).
2. Extract the 7-zip file and open contents.
3. Copy everything into your Skyrim/Data folder EXCEPT the Optional and Fomod folder. Overwrite when prompted.
4. [OPTIONAL] If you wish to install a female body type, open the optional folder, open the fembody folder, and open the folder matching the type of body you wish to install: CBBEcurvy, CBBEslim, UNP, UNPskinny, or UNPblessed (you can refer to images for a comparison shot). Choose ONLY ONE.
- When you have opened the folder of your choice, copy the Meshes folder located inside and paste into your Skyrim/Data folder. Overwrite when prompted.
5. [OPTIONAL] Decide whether or not you want to replace Dark Brotherhood's Shrouded Armor in-game.
- If you choose to replace the Shrouded Armor, open the Optional folder, open the DBReplacer folder and open the folder with the name of the color style you want. copy the BlackSacramentDBReplacer.esp file into your Skyrim/Data folder.
- Not all color variants are available to The Dark Brotherhood. Some are exclusive to Black Phoenix.

Make sure all the esm and esp files are active in the skyrim launcher under Data Files.

Refer to troubleshooting section if need be.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Same problem on my end. Can port the mod just fine, quest starts, but all the armor pieces are invisible. The weirdest thing of all is that I ported this mod once before like half a year ago, and back then it worked fine. I have no idea what I did back then that I have failed to do now, but I am at my wits end.

Regarding your bsa file however, you need to unpack it use BAE, and then you can repack it again in a form that SSE can use. However, I have done that myself and I still get this issue...

Edited by TheCruxis

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the steps I just took after dealing with invisible armor.

1.Download the file manually from here.

2.Create a folder on your desktop, I named mine Mod Builder since I am converting many mods now, but name it whatever you want, extract contents of the zip file there.

3.Download BA2 from here

4.Run it and point it to the Black Sacrament Armor bsa in your mod builder folder. Extract the contents to the same mod builder folder.

5.Download the Nif Optimizer here

6.Run it, click browse, and select the mod builder folder. Yes the base folder not the meshes. Why? Inside the optional folder of the mod are other meshes for body types,etc. If you are using the body types or still attempting to use NMM to install then you are choosing meshes that were most likely not optimized, hence the invisible armors. Nif Optimizer will scan all sub directories and convert/optimize the meshes within as well.

7.I just manually installed it at this point. I copied the meshes; as well as the meshes folder within the fembody folder of my choice (unpskinny was my choice); textures; scripts; Black Sacrament Armor.esp; and the BlackSacramentDBReplacer.esp of my choice (Shadowscale for me).

8.Now you should have the CK installed already if you do not, google how to get it. It's easy.

9.Start up the CK and set BlackSacramentArmor.esp as the active file. Once it's all loaded (ignore the warnings) Save the file. Done. Do the same thing for the BlackSacramentDBReplacer.esp.

Now run LOOT and rebuild your Bashed Patch if you're using Wrye Bash (which you should be).

Play!!

If you want to still do an NMM install, just take those folders that I manually installed and add them to a zip file and add it to NMM.

Let me know if you have issues.

Edited by l0new0lf331

• 11 months later...

I still had issues after all the above steps - what finally fixed the invisible armor issue for me was repacking the bsa file (I use MO2, so am used to loose files in my mods). I used the guide in the link below and now all seems to work fine. The file structure needs to be the same, so if you're having issues even after repacking the bsa, bear in mind that (at least in the version I used) there is a texture\cubemaps folder that is originally outside the bsa, but if you unpack the bsa to the same folder, it will merge it into one texture folder. Not sure if that makes a difference, but follow this guide and hopefully it will all work fine.

https://www.dracotorre.com/blog/convert-blacksacramentarmor-se/