Ia, Ia, Cthulhu in Skyrim?

Rennn

I liked Dark Corners of the Earth back in the day. Especially the earlier parts of the game. Later on there was a tendency to mix in too many different Mythos elements and that didn't really work--you even played as a member of the Great Race of Yith across space and time at some point, IIRC. The game had a pretty good insanity system too, so you couldn't stand around and look too closely at the Mythos and gory stuff, without your vision blurring and your head swimming. I even think your character could lose the game by committing suicide if he went completely bonkers (that may only have been a rumor though, it never happened to me).

• 3 months later...
DCotE was a hell of a game. A unique health system, a very nice stealth system together with the increasingly bizarre plot made it a Cthulhu mythos favorite for me. You don't play as another race actually, that's all in cutscene... And yes you fight a lot of Cthulhu monsters, the Shoggoth being one of the most awesome, but also Dagon (now THAT was a surprise), flying polyps, etc... I really liked it. And I would really like this mod.