Help with custom horse

Sader325

I'm trying to add a new Horse NPC into the game with a custom mesh.

So far I've managed to get the horse ingame, and also use a custom mesh. The problem is I used the NPC data from a normal black/saddled horse.

The issue I'm having is I can't figure out how to transfer ownership of the Horse to the player. Currently the horse tries to return to where it was spawned after you get off it.

I'de also like to be able to just spawn it in the game, but I'm pretty sure even if I added it as a regular spawn somewhere in the game that'd still have ownership issues.

How do you assign ownership to the player as soon as he gets on the horse, and how do you place the horse in the world without using console commands? (The second part I'm sure is a bit more difficult)

Another problem, same project.

I'm trying to figure out how the horse is linked to its skin (so I can edit it). I think I've found the last file (TXST) Skinhorseblack which specificly links to the dds file I want to change, but I cant figure out how that gets connected to the NPC.

The structure Ive figured out so far is NPC_(Horse) => WNAM (ARMO)SkinBlackHorse => (ARMA) NakedBlackHorse => ????????????? I'm assuming theres some kind of modifier in the (ARMA)NakedBlackHorse that links to (TXST)SkinHorseBlack, but I can't find how it works. Comparing the ARMA(NakedBlackHorse) to another one, like NakedGrey isn't helping me to see any file differences either as they both look exactly the same in every respect (which shouldn't be true right?)

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4209/testmv.jpg

Already so I figured out that these two values (I marked with red dots)

Control the shade of the horse.

The problem is, I don't know how to use them.

*EDIT*

Nvm, apparently setting them to 00 shuts them off, my horse turned blue (my test .dds).

I still need some help with the ownership problem however.

Edited by Sader325