Leveled lists and script-injecting armor/weapons mods

ttabakova

Hi there, hope someone here can help me with an answer.

So, I have a mod that distributes its items via a script. Immersive Armors is the case. But it also introduces changes to leveled lists which can be viewed in xEdit. There are new leveled lists named IACsmthsmth, which are then used in Outfits section. In xEdit there are no items added to any leveled lists seen, well because it distributes them via a script.

Now, a question. How high are the chances that the script actually relies on these new leveled lists introduced? I did tried to read the script but wasn't really.. successful.

I have conflicts with that entries and I was wondering, if I let something else overwrite IA changes to leveled lists, will that mean IA items will no longer be distributed?

IA is probably injecting leveled lists into other leveled lists. Yeilds same result as injecting an item directly, you're just injecting a list instead. Shouldn't be a problem unless the mod you use removes the lists that IA is injecting into or even changes IA lists itself (which tou would know before downloading I would assume).

Otherwise if what you mean is can multiple mods inject their stuff into lists? Most definitely, thats why we use this method.

Thanks for the reply. In fact the conflict I was solving is IA made changes to outfits, replacing vanill leveled list with their own and other mod was overwriting it with another new leveled lists. After all, I just took 10 minutes to merge the staff into IA lists (luckily the other mod in question doesn't use scripts so I just included their items in IA lists) so they don't get lost.

Edited by ttabakova

Funnily enough I have the mod but haven't paid much mind to it apart from wearing the armor :D. I manually make my patches these days so I tend to just skim over the filters and merge everything witbout paying much mind unless I notice something unusual or broken in between. I prefer old fashioned add to lists rather than script because I tend to make my own lists and balance myself.