ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Has Anyone Figured Out Quest Affinity?

You made sure that the affinity events were also set up in your companionâs actorscript? The one attached to the NPC.

My companion affinity handler is set as was laid out and works like a charm. Just be sure to do a search and replace to change Gage to whatever you call your NPC. One thing I did that deviated from the instructions was to remove all of the vanilla companions from the Nuka World affinity script (thereâs no reason to call these a second time since Gage does that). So all it does is add my NPC to Nuka World quest affinity.

But in short, my only guess as to why it isnât working if you followed the steps is that a keyword link isnât set up correctly somewhere.

Finally figured the issue. The affinity event array can only hold up to maximum 128 elements and there is no more room for adding my own custom ones, because I have Ellen installed.

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread, but this is the closest I've come to finding a topic that relates to my searches.

I understand how to change reactions based on quest events, but what about general world events? For instance, if I want Curie to give me a "Like" every time I hack a terminal, which script dictates this and how do I adjust it?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Through the companionactorscript, if I remember correctly. There is 1 part, there is every "action" listed, what a companion likes, or dislikes and you can set this up there.

Edit: If you need an example, look into the upper part of the companionactorscript from a vanilla companion. I have forget the name of the sub category, but I think you will find it fast because it is a sub part of that script, that usually is overfilled with things like that.

Edited by taryl80

• 1 year later...

I'm still struggling with this from step 6. I'm not sure how to get the quest to start on the pick up of the companion. I tried adding a dummy stage 10 and doing NoobAffinityQuest.setstage(10) but it still doesn't activate (I think it doesn't activate anyway, I attempt some dialogue I know I've liked/disliked and nothing happens so I assume it's that the quest doesn't start.)

Any advice?