29th January - creation kit speculations

AntediluvianSeraph

"The Creation Kit and Steam Workshop are nearly ready. We’re currently working with members of Valve and our modding community to do some final testing, and we’re on track for a public release near the end of the month. We think Skyrim modding is one of the game’s best features, and we have the best modders of any game. It’s been a lot of exciting work for us, and we can’t wait to unleash it."

We’re currently working with members of Valve and our modding community to do some final testing, and we’re on track for a public release near the end of the month.

working with members of Valve and our modding community to

working with Valve

Anyone who is familiar with the term 'valve time' should understand what this is all about. I don't think I'm going to blame only Bethesda for waiting until the very end of the month for the release of the CK. :P Do you think Valve has something to do with this, releasing it at the last second (if it's released within the next two days)?

Edit: I read somewhere that the release has been moved to February (though I didn't see that news on Bethblog or one of the developers' tweets'). That reminds me of a certain 'christmas 2007' release that is still on hold. Perhaps they'll be a little more forgiving with CK.

Edited by AntediluvianSeraph

I'm just going to start out by saying... F*** this Steam integration. No doubt it's what's delaying the CK so much... And I think it would be giving too much credit to Bethesda to expect them to keep their word and at the very least, release it on the 31st. Edited by R3Q

I'm just going to start out by saying... F*** this Steam integration. No doubt it's what's delaying the CK so much... And I think it would be giving too much credit to Bethesda to expect them to keep their word and at the very least, release it on the 31st.

I wonder if bugthesda actually asked every gamer......how many would say the same thing to their faces....I sure would......no one gives a damm about this steam intergration

I expect spring or summer; this is Valve we're talking about.

Well I'll be playing Skyrim for years so it'll be ready at some point. For now I think I'll take a break from Skyrim

I'm just going to start out by saying... F*** this Steam integration. No doubt it's what's delaying the CK so much... And I think it would be giving too much credit to Bethesda to expect them to keep their word and at the very least, release it on the 31st.

I wonder if bugthesda actually asked every gamer......how many would say the same thing to their faces....I sure would......no one gives a damm about this steam intergration

And me. Steam Integration not wanted here.

I expect spring or summer; this is Valve we're talking about.

Well I'll be playing Skyrim for years so it'll be ready at some point. For now I think I'll take a break from Skyrim

I probably will, I am getting frustrated about the niggly quest bugs that we can't sort out yet.

It seems to me we're all stuck with Steam in any event. Can't run the game without Steam, so what does it matter if there is integration with the CK? What is everyone's concern?

I can't say I'm the biggest fan of Steam. I had a devil of a time running Fallout 3, mostly because of Steam. Fallout New Vegas runs okay. I haven't really played Skyrim yet, just fooled around with the opening a little. What little I've done seems to run fine. I have wanted to wait before actually starting Skyrim until some good mods come out so I'll wait for the CK.

It seems to me we're all stuck with Steam in any event. Can't run the game without Steam, so what does it matter if there is integration with the CK? What is everyone's concern?

I can't say I'm the biggest fan of Steam. I had a devil of a time running Fallout 3, mostly because of Steam. Fallout New Vegas runs okay. I haven't really played Skyrim yet, just fooled around with the opening a little. What little I've done seems to run fine. I have wanted to wait before actually starting Skyrim until some good mods come out so I'll wait for the CK.

Wait a minute... You haven't played the game yet? WOW! That's some very good self control :thumbsup:

I have a lot of other games to play. Witcher 2, Dragon Age 2, Starcraft 2, Left 4 Dead, I'm waiting for Diablo 3 and Mass Effect 3. I'm just about finished with Fallout New Vegas for the third time. I can wait for the CK to play Skyrim all modded up. I was disappointed in FONV on my first run through with no mods, and FO3 because of the bugs, so I figured I would wait on Skyrim to make sure it was properly patched and modded before I played. That way I'll get the wonder of exploration along with the benefit of some top notch mods and (hopefully) no bugs.