Intended for a mature audience...

themusician2

Well, I have never been married myself, and I'm far from it (obviously, given my age); in fact, I'm a hopeless romantic in all honesty. However, what I lack in romantic experience, I make up for in understanding. People can say what they want about Keanu, but I know how to treat a woman. Just ask my first girlfriend. We had issues, but I've always been a gentleman.

Now, my point here is that it doesn't sound right to me that this should even be happening at all. The way I see it, if I ever caught my wife kissing another man or woman, despite the circumstances, then she better have a damn good excuse for doing it, otherwise, we're going to have a serious talk about it. Marriages are suppose to be a commitment between two people, hence "until death do us part". If her kissing another woman really doesn't bother you, then, with all politeness, I'm not sure I really believe you. She's your wife, and you're her husband. This kind of thing shouldn't be happening in the first place. I'm not blaming anyone here, or calling your wife on the spot here. I'm not in the authority to do that and my knowledge about your marriage stems to nothing. I just don't understand how this couldn't bother anyone who has a solid marriage.

If you want my opinion, then it is this: I don't believe this is right, and I don't believe your wife is being fair here. Why can she kiss women and you can't kiss men (speaking if we were to deal with those terms)? Not only is that technically hypocritical, but it seems like a lousy excuse to get away with may or may not be a secret fantasy of her's that she really should just share with you. What's funny with my girlfriend is that after our relationship came to an end, we both admitted to each other during out healing process that we were both bisexual. We laughed about it because we realized how silly it was to hide such a simple aspect of our lives from each other. We loved each other very much, and if your wife loves you too (which I'm more than certain she does), and if you yourself should be happening to read this, then just be honest with him. You two are married. There should never be any secrets between the both of you.

Edited by Keanumoreira

If her kissing another woman really doesn't bother you, then, with all politeness, I'm not sure I really believe you. She's your wife, and you're her husband. This kind of thing shouldn't be happening in the first place

This is what society has told us, it doesn't ring true for everyone.

If her kissing another woman really doesn't bother you, then, with all politeness, I'm not sure I really believe you. She's your wife, and you're her husband. This kind of thing shouldn't be happening in the first place

This is what society has told us, it doesn't ring true for everyone.

Well, it's not something I'm familiar with.

Surprisingly enough, Keanu, it does happen.

From the cases of these events I have heard of, it is NOT something that usually ends well. Though it is fairly uncommon for it to be the wife as the perpetrator, these cases are actually virtually always indicative of a spouse who is:

A) Unfaithful (Often, more than is observed is done.)

B) Lying about their proclivities (Meaning, they are a "Duck")

In this case, what makes me highly suspicious of both A and B being true is that the spouse in question doesn't appear to feel remorse, shame, or guilt about engaging in sexual activity with people of their own sex that are not their spouse. If a person truly loved their spouse, they would feel particularly rueful about kissing people, and apparently (since you said girls), many people who are not their spouse.

A combination of remorselessness, promiscuity, and generic desire to continue these activities would often imply the person has something like nymphomania.

If I'm reading this correctly, and please let me know if I'm not... The wife is not willfully doing these things with a sober mind. Even the past instances where she might have been experimenting were before she was married, or when she was with other guys (who encouraged it). No, alcohol isn't an excuse to let you get away with everything, but it does lower inhibitions and make people do things that their rational mind normally wouldn't do. It is still not on the level of her sleeping with the neighbors wife or sneaking out to rent a room with a prostitute. You can try to discourage the behavior or the activities that lead to the behavior, but you cannot weigh it in the same way as a conscious choice to do that act.

What is important here is not right or wrong, moral or immoral, but finding a way to work through it so that both partners in the relationship can put aside their differences and grow.

True, but perhaps, if the husband would not be entirely comfortable with it, wouldn't it be a good idea to not encourage drinking in high enough level to become drunk when around women?

After all, for many, it takes effort to get drunk. It's not a "shot glass and you are wasted" deal.