skyrim vs oblivion

us11csalyer

I'd like to point out that Oblivion and Morrowind, in fact, were worse in regards to the bolded and underlined section than Skyrim is. It was not uncommon, after many hours of gameplay, for characters in both Morrowind and Oblivion to have 100 in each skill and 100 in each stat. You could indeed master everything, and could do it in a way that eventually invalidated your class anyway. In this particular way, Skyrim's perk system is much more RPG than Morrowind of Oblivion, becaus you only get 80ish perk points, and there are over 200 choices.

Ah, you're right again - my mistake. It's been far too long since I've played either; my gaming time is devoted to Skyrim. :)

I... Don't understand what your saying. The statement you made alludes to the fact that stats, classes, birthsigns etc. are more RPG than the free-form leveling and the Perk system. I argued against that. If you mean that the change in the system is a seperate point than the lack of RPG elements, then you probably should have put it in a seperate line.

I simply said Skyrim doesn't feel like an RPG - a matter of personal opinion and preference. In fact I started my post with the line "in my opinion the best for each category is..."

Then I said plus (= in addition) Oblivion has stats, classes, etc. i.e. things that Skyrim is lacking. I can live without them, and I don't believe they make Oblivion "more RPG" than Skyrim, I simply wanted to specify this fact because it belongs to the same category (Roleplaying). Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I wanted to make a short comment for each category, not a detailed description of what I think and why.