Steam Update

sworddragon

Update 1/30: A third beta update (1.4.21) is now available on Steam. The update features one new change:

• Fixed bug related to hitching between cell boundaries.

We really appreciate the feedback from our Steam Beta. We anticipate the 1.4 update going live next week for all on the PC and being sent to the console manufacturers. The Creation Kit won’t be far behind.http://www.bethblog.com/

Realy nice -.- now i have to wait because skse is incompatible -.-

:facepalm:

Bugthesda strike again. I have my pitchfork...

I reckon they really are trying to stuff Kingdoms of Amalur, pushing it back to next week.

Bah, wont change a thing even if they had the ck out, im going to buy that game anyway. :armscrossed:

On the other note...

http://i44.tinypic.com/1euumq.jpg

Is it february already, my calendar does not indicate that. More flame bait ?

Typically I would agree with you. But as I've pointed out, Bethesda has been releasing all of their patches on Wednesday. This Wednesday is February 1st. There is no reason to believe this will be any different. It does not make since to release a beta patch today and then the full patch in a couple hours or tomorrow.

They said the CK wont be released until after the patch is released. Insinuating days wait at the minimum. It doesn't make since to release the CK hours or the next day after the patch. Well, unless the only way to download it is through Steam, in which case they might be doing that to minimize the traffic impact. Otherwise, it'd make more sense to release both at the same time.

It is now fairly reasonable to believe that the CK wont be released until sometime next month. Next month is definitely not January.

Further, the argument can be made that their statements regarding the CK releasing after the patch mirror that of their statements about it releasing after launch. However, the counter argument can be made that they will actually follow through this time and release the CK in a timely manner after the patch as otherwise it would seem rather silly to bother integrating Steamworks into the patch if the CK isn't going to be released for another 3 months. But this will just lead into another debate, arguing many valid points and still doesn't change the fact that a non-January release of the CK is all but guaranteed at this point.

Edited by Syco21

Even though I have been using the beta for some time, I prefer a solid patch be released so we don't have more dragons flying backwards. I can wait another day and a half to see if the deliver what they said. But I do prefer to let then hang themselves in fact, rather than getting all wrapped around the axle on what might happen.