I demand Aedric armor! Please?

maefire

Well... Looking at Skyrim, I had fun sitting there in my Daedric armor and loving the look of it, but when I went to restart as a new character for the umpteenth time, I decided to take the approach to the game as a Paladin. This was more or less a dark Paladin, considering I have to kill people in quests, but questing aside, I would find alternatives to being bad. While I love the look of Daedric stuff, it just doesnt feel right on a good champion.

Now, before I get a bunch of people telling me: There is already Paladin mods, I would like to clarify that I don't want a 'Paladin' armor, but instead a mod that adds in alternative Aedra enemies, that drop items you need to make a completely new set of items that look to be the opposite of the demonic Daedra items. It is said in lore that the Aedra are considered good by many, and the Daedra are considered evil, so why can't we have a whole slew of stuff that is related to the Aedras?

hm. in short. because the aedra left nirn shortly after it`s creation and are not allowed to intervene directly.

that said a piece of champion armor couldn`t hurt :>

True true... but I was thinking stargate here. They could do it indirectly :P leave something for the Dovakhiin to just come across that might send him on some bizarre teasure map hunt. :biggrin:

I agree with you on the Champion thing, especially when it comes to dealing with the Daedric Princes. I think it should be possible to play a "light side" paladin (see my topic http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/545650-true-hero-mod/), which would then include fitting sets of divine armour as well. Slaughtering celestial beings, however, should not be the way to aquire the materials :sweat:

Are the Aedra the Nine Divines? I am not sure that there are lower versions of them like the Dremora.

Are the Aedra the Nine Divines? I am not sure that there are lower versions of them like the Dremora.

nope. The nine divines, from what I understand, are Daedras. The two are kind of opposites in most ways. They are portrayed as Good and Evil by many, but typically aren't either. They just don't give a damn and do as they please. One of the opposites are pretty severe though, and I wonder if there might be a big story behind it. While Daedras can only be banished back to Oblivion, Aedras can actually be slain.

The Divines actually are Aedra, but not all the Aedra are part of the Divines. Aedra not considered part of the Divines include Lorkhan, who became the world, and Magnus, the god of sorcery. Aedra are similar to the Daedra, in that both were among the original inhabitants of the universe, but whereas the Aedra gave some of their substance to create the world, the Daedra withheld their essence. This is why the Divines do not directly interfere with mortals as the Daedra do (a possible exception is Talos, who spoke directly to the Nerevarine, but he is a special case).

Personally, I think that "Aedric armour" would be tough to fit into the lore. I can't imagine why the Aedra would have ever had any use for armour, as by the time reality was created they were no longer really a part of it. Still, you could just go the KotN route and create armour used by knights in the service of the Divines.

On Aedra: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Aedra