Stealth Boy Helmet (and charges)

delphinus

Hello ppl! A small mod i want to make is about the unrealistic useage of Stealth boy devices (like you could "eat" them) combined with the properties of the Shady hat (the hat that Moira gives you after successfully dealing with the mirelurks)

I already replaced the shady hat's mesh with the female metal helmet mesh, (changing properties accordingly to a metal helmet instead of a gangster's hat) and i will replace soon the stealth boy mesh with some charge pack, probably small energy cell's mesh

What i aim for is nothing fancy: Basically, i want to add a script to the stealth boy so you can use it ONLY when you wear the stealth helmet (shady hat). Using a piece of wearable armor as the main device for stealth effect, and having to recharge it with appropriate cartridges makes more sense than eating an electronic device.

A similiar mod that shares the same philosophy is: Stealth boy needs energy That's pretty interesting and i think the script structure should be more or less like the one in this mod. With the difference that the "recharge" is the stealth boy itself, and that it cannot work without the helmet.

Unfortunately i suck at scripting, so i really need some infos on that!

The main structure of the mod should be like this:

-Use the stealth boy without wearing the helmet- Message: "You need an appropriate device to use that!"

-Use the stealth boy while wearing the helmet- (activate stealth boy effect)

Any infos will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks mate! i didn't have time to test it yet, but at first looks it seems that the GetEquipped command is the key. I looked at similiar scripts and probably i'll have to do something like this:

Begin OnActivate (or OnEquip??)

If player GetEquipped (helmet name)

CastImmediateOnSelf (Stealth boy effect) [or the correct script line that allows to cast the stealth boy effect (spell) on player]

else

ShowMessage (message name)

I'ts probably far from being a correct script :psyduck: but i'll try to test it as soon as possible. Stay tuned, i may need further assistance! :thumbsup:

Allright, here's what i 've done so far. I followed some similiar scripts and some guidelines on the GECK wiki. The following script is applied to the Stealth Boy. (i removed the effects on the ingestible item and moved them in a spell effect)

scn MODStealthBoyEffect

Begin OnEquip

if Player.GetEquipped MS03StealthHat

Player. CastImmediateOnSelf MODStealthFX

else

Player.AddItem StealthBoy 1

ShowMessage MODStealthFXMSGno

endif

end

No syntax errors apparently, the script seems fine, but it doesn't work. The problem is the blocktype i think; (that "Begin OnSomething" crap) But apparently there are no blocktypes that can be applied to an ingestible item. Is that possible? Do i have to change the script completely?