What's Your Favorite Quote In Skyrim?

Rinobi

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently my girlfriends game bugged out, and she was unable to access Jenassa's inventory anymore. After fiddling around with the console for ages, I eventually decided killing Jenassa was the only way to get back all the stuff she was carrying.

My girl has a slightly mad attachment to Jenassa so insisted that I kill her somewhere appropriate (we ended up deciding on the Kynareths Temple in Whiterun) and lay her body out all nice before looting it.

Anyway, I kill her, lay out the body, take her stuff, and then I respawn Jenassa.

She appears right next to her corpse, takes one look at it, looks at me, and says "Hey, I don't want any trouble, not after what you did to me last time!"

I cracked up. :)

That's such an amazing story - I read it out to everyone!

GoF

How can I choose? I'll have to eliminate Sheogorath and M'aiq, here. They both just have too many memorable lines of monologue in both games (Skyrim and Oblivion), and the voice actors present them absolutely perfectly. I really can't narrow it down to just one, so I'll just mention two.

Guard, ref. scimitars used by warriors form Hammerfell: "You see those warriors in Hammerfell? They've got curved swords. Curved. Swords." While its true in most cases, anyway, the voice actor really hit this one on the nail with regard to timing and inflection. It's one of the few pieces of monologue I actually bother listening to every time I hear it. Then there's this one, which has to be one of my all-time favorites from any game ...

Ahlam, ref. her husband Nazeem in Whiterun: "Looking for my husband Nazeem? Check the Jarl's backside. That's usually where he stuffs himself these days." That one is a classic. Personaly, I wish he'd leave his head in there long enough to suffocate. Actually, I wish the player could perform the Black Sacrament in this game. Guess who'd be my first "contract" with the Dark Brotherhood? I'd then love to hear someone comment: "Did you hear that Nazeem was murdered? Serves the insufferable toad right." I think that would reflect just about everyone's opinion of him. Besides, has anyone ever actually SEEN this guy talking to the Jarl?

• 1 year later...

Man, this thread has been neglected for a long while. Time to respawn it! :tongue:

There are way too many awesome quotes, lol. May as well list some

Combat quotes:

- I'll see you burn! (female dunmer)

- I'll see you in pieces! (Faendal)

- I'll have your head as a trophy! (female orc)

- DIIIIIIIIE (Cicero)

- Is someone there? (bandit while being stabbed)

- KILL THE BEAST! (Serana)

- HAHAHA! Think you can take me?! (Mjoll)

- You can't win this! (Aerin while being executed)

General quotes:

- My favorite drinking buddy! Let's get some mead! (drunkards)

- Either I'm drunk, or you're naked. Possibly both (drunkards)

- I thought about becoming a bandit, but I decided that I prefer clean clothes and fresh mead (Jenassa)

- You're naked! (children)

- There's got to be more skooma! (that kajhiit from the transcribing quest)

And the dialogue when NPCs from Riften fight and kill each other over random items Dragonborn drops in front of them, etc etc

I also laugh whenever a foe exclaims and/or screams when they die :laugh:

• ...when I next meet that fair maid Nelly, I'll plunge my knife into her belly...

• ...and if I spy a singing bird, I'll snap its neck before it's heard...

...madness is merry and merriment's might, when the jester comes calling with his knife in the night...

...and he says to the man, "That's not a horker! That's my wife!" Ha ha ha ha ha...Ah...I love that one...

...oh, if I chance to see a cat, I'll feed its corpse to my pet rat... -Cicero