Man, I feel sorry for Falmer.

Gentlebeard

After reading up on their history and how they'd been treated, I just feel like not killing them anymore. They were a normal bunch of elves, the Nords just massacred the shiet out of them, so they resorted to living with the Dwemer, who treated them as slaves. There are thousands of traps and torture equipment in dwemer ruins, and the Falmer seemed to look pretty handsome before they had their eyes gorged out. There's a statue you see during the main storyline of the Thieves Guild which shows a Falmer in his true form. What are your thoughts?

You missed the part about the Falmer slaughtering the Nords until only 3 men remained which sailed back to Atmora to return with an army to take revenge on the Falmer.

I dont feel sorry for them.

Edited by ModelV

The Snow Elves attacked the Nords first when they were building Saarthal and found the artifact there. The massacre was retaliation for that, so they kind of brought that down on themselves. The Dwemer bit though was just sick.

Personally, I think the Dwarves were further punishing them for lives (going to be) lost caused by making the Nords hate mer.

This should be posted in the Spoilers section though. Not everyone knows how the Falmer became those underground dwellers.

Now to answer your question, if i was in their position, i would probably act the same way they do. But since they basicly attack me on sight. It makes them an ennemy and i don't feel bad for killing someone who's attacking me. Now i do admit that i felt a little something after i read about them and their history but at the end of the day , they're still monsters . Their ancestors, the Snow Elves, were treated very badly but the ones you're fighting are Falmers not Snow Elves . They are the decendants of the Snow Elves.

Something very similar hapenned to the Forsworn. They were rather peacefull people for some time and they basicly owned the Reach and they had their own Kingdom. Then they got overthrown and are now seen as Evil Barbarians, If i'm not mistaken, i think Ulfric Stormcloadk has a lot to do with what hapenned to the Forsworn. I'm just gonna leave it at that though. I wouldn't wanna go further into Spoilers than i already have . There is a book about that too.

As far as the Dwemer thing goes, their behaviour in regards to the Falmer is... Well, out of character. I suspect that it's just bad writing, but if i were to explain the situation in Lore-Friendly terms, it would be something like this.

The Dwemer take in the Falmer survivors.

The Falmer (After a few years/decades) pressure the Dwemer to take revenge against the Nords

The Dwemer refuse, and the Falmer attempt a coup (We're led to beleive they were rather militaristic, given the Snow Prince and how easily they drove humans out the first time)

The coup is put down, and the Falmer enslaved as punishment

And you know the rest. It fits more with the overall character of the Dwemer as portrayed in other sources.