Identify Magical Effects

Buzbuzbee

I propose a mod be created that makes enchanted equipment have hidden effects at the start of every play through.

If you pick up a fire enchanted sword, it looks like a normal sword except that it says "hidden effect" where it would normally display the fire damage and it won't have the red markings on it.

Once you disenchant an item that has fire damage on it, all fire damage enchantments will be common knowledge and, thus, visible to you. You'd then be able to tell the sword is a fire enchanted sword, see the numerical values and charge left on it.

Even better, once your enchanting skill reaches a certain threshold, (a mcm configurable skill level, or after x perk) you can have all enchantments visible to your now magically inclined character. This would allow for more unique playthroughs, where you have one character that is magically uninclined and has no idea what their enchanted equipment does, and one where your character is like how it is in vanilla and knows what every item does.

Scrolls of Identification would be sold somewhat cheaply (100g vanilla, 350 Requiem) that could identify a single item, revealing its effects for you. That means if you identify a ring of devastating blows (+20% two handed dmg) then all items that have +two handed dmg in the future will be discovered.

It's a wierd concept with a lot of creative direction to move in, but I strongly feel anything even remotely functional would be really cool for a lot of playthroughs. I've seen the Identify Item mod on the nexus, but it isn't exactly functional in the way I'm perceiving this mod idea.

Thanks for reading my huge wall of text, guys. :happy:

• 2 weeks later...