Setup shortcut key properly for dual wield

x2ruff4u

Hey guys hows it going? I'm a bit confused on how to properly setup dual wielding. I have my mace setup on shortcut 4. I have my other mace setup for 5. When I click 4 it picks and when I press 5 it replaces it. I want to be able to make sure it goes into the proper side. How do I do that?? :wallbash:

There is no simple way to set a melee weapon to the left hand using shortcut keys and will not be possible to do unless the Whole UI is someday remade by something like SKSE or Script Dragon like utilities. Edited by nosisab

If they are the 'same' you could just put one on one key and press it twice, but if they're different I don't know...

Being able to hotkey a specific rh and lh on one key would have been nice for some cases...

Let me correct you there. If have two same swords and they stack up like this "Iron Sword (2)" (that means you have 2 iron swords) and you hotkey that, the first time you press that hotkey the swords will get un-hotkeyed. It's glitched

Edited by babis8142

To my knowledge, you can't hotkey a weapon to the left hand. It's extremely frustrating.

Take a look at this mod: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4862

Run alongside the script extender mod, it might solve your problem. I can't say for certain, as I run it without the extender. Damn fine replacement for the horrible default favorites menu either way.

I don't know if this will help you because I play on an XBox. I carry two swords, a greatsword, a shield, and a bow w/ arrows. I favorite them all. I set the bow on one side of the pad and the greatsword on the other. I then manually equip the two swords. Click on the great sword to equip it. Click on it again to unequip and the two swords are automatically equipped. Same with clicking the bow on and off. Don't know if this will work with computer hotkeys, but it works on the XBox. The sword and shield work the same way, but not both at once.

There is no way to do it that I'm aware of. The best you can do is just not use magic and therefore you won't be required to constantly going into the hotmenu and left click a weapon.

If you use a bow you can just hotkey the bow and when you want dual wield you can deselect the bow and your weapons will appear. Saves on hotkeys this way too.

Bethesda has always shortchanged us on the number of hotkeys and the utility of the hotkeys we get.

If they are the 'same' you could just put one on one key and press it twice, but if they're different I don't know...

Being able to hotkey a specific rh and lh on one key would have been nice for some cases...

Let me correct you there. If have two same swords and they stack up like this "Iron Sword (2)" (that means you have 2 iron swords) and you hotkey that, the first time you press that hotkey the swords will get un-hotkeyed. It's glitched

Ah, that sucks... does that happen to have anything to to with the favorites menu loosing one of them when you've got weapons that stack like that?