Body Physics Not Working

LordNyron

This is the first time I've run into this problem so I decided to come here and ask for help. I have a lot of followers that I downloaded from Nexus, but a lot of them use custom bodies that can't be overridden by mods and normally it's not the body I use(I use UUNP, most followers use one of the other UNP variations that aren't affected by UUNP physics mods or CBBE), so I overwrite the femalebody NIF's to give them the body I use. I was told to do this by a mod author, but now that I have, the breast and butt physics aren't working. The follower got the body and surprisingly there aren't any seams. I can also see that the texture I overwrote the original with also worked... but the physics aren't working and that bugs me. Is there something else I need to overwrite? Rearrange the mod order? Did something I overwrote screw with that? It's just stumping me.

Just for the record, I use Mod Organizer and the mod I use for the physics doesn't have an ESP, so I can't actually move it in the load order.

And before anyone asks, the physics mod I use cannot be found on Nexus, so I'm not sure if I can mention it by name here. But I'm not sure that would really change anything since most physics mods work the same way.

Hmm... Just to make sure we're on the same track:

- Do physics work the way they should with a female player character?

- Do they work with vanilla female NPCs?

If the answer is "yes", it's probably an issue with the bodies you gave to your followers. Else it's most likely a problem with your physics setup in general.

If physics work with player character/NPC: Most likely reason I can think of is that you didn't install a physics enabled body. You have to create a HDT enabled body in bodyslide first (UUNP HDT or UUNP Special, depending on what you want), then build it. Then you will have to copy this body into your follower's directory. Standard directory for replacers is Skyrim/data/meshes/actors/character/character assets. Make sure you copy a previously created HDT body from there, if you haven't set a different ouput path in bodyslide.

In general, the procedure of changing follower's bodies you described works. Did that myself many times without any issues.

On a sidenote: If using Havok physics objects to enable collision, you might have to give them followers, since - unlike with vanilla NPCs - they aren't added automatically to followers. But this will affect collision behaviour only. Normal "bouncing" should work anyways, as long as you got a HDT enabled body.

Hmm... Just to make sure we're on the same track:

- Do physics work the way they should with a female player character?

- Do they work with vanilla female NPCs?

If the answer is "yes", it's probably an issue with the bodies you gave to your followers. Else it's most likely a problem with your physics setup in general.

If physics work with player character/NPC: Most likely reason I can think of is that you didn't install a physics enabled body. You have to create a HDT enabled body in bodyslide first (UUNP HDT or UUNP Special, depending on what you want), then build it. Then you will have to copy this body into your follower's directory. Standard directory for replacers is Skyrim/data/meshes/actors/character/character assets. Make sure you copy a previously created HDT body from there, if you haven't set a different ouput path in bodyslide.

In general, the procedure of changing follower's bodies you described works. Did that myself many times without any issues.

On a sidenote: If using Havok physics objects to enable collision, you might have to give them followers, since - unlike with vanilla NPCs - they aren't added automatically to followers. But this will affect collision behaviour only. Normal "bouncing" should work anyways, as long as you got a HDT enabled body.

So, after reading your response I did a little extra digging in that specific followers folder, and I found that it had its own skeleton separate from XPMSE's skeleton that every other character in my game was using. So I decided to try copying over that skeleton with mine and it worked. Apparently the followers skeleton didn't support what I was using, so even though it had the required body, the skeleton couldn't use the physics. So now the problem is solved and I'm going over other followers to make sure there isn't another one like this.