1.4 RUINED my game

SubjectProphet

Meh thats why i always go custom built pc's. The outcome is always the right one if you know what your doing. Edited by Thor.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilarious read.

For years, I built my own while learning 3D design so I could get a better system for my money. But times have changed. Companies like Dell must be getting awesome bulk deals now or something. Now, when I want to start a new system (to possibly upgrade immediately or later on my own), I go with Dell. All of the important parts are identical to what I would've gotten (via my selection choices) and the case is actually better. The only downside is usually the stock fans and noisy power supply, from my experience, however, easily upgraded if I don't like. Last time, I even bought a separate OS disc from someone else so that I could clean install.

My point being, talking down Dell isn't justified. I'm not defending Alienware, now owned by Dell, because I've never bought one of those. Yet I do imagine that building your own to those specs isn't necessarily better either unless you're ignoring the final product of which finish is important to some people. Not everyone has the skill and time to create moving parts that lift and open automically for extra cooling and buying a case that works and looks as good/well is not cheap and someone else is still then making that case for you.

Okay, I'll stop. Just wasn't dig'n the attitude.

I have been reading quite a few posts on the new patch. This is why I do not jump at updating Skyrim when a new patch comes out. I am still using 1.3 and will continue doing so for a few weeks by staying in offline mode on Stream. By then I will have completed the game and then will try the patch. Sometimes it is better to be cautious instead of jumping right in. Edited by shadow56

i did all that stuff. offline mode, don't download updates automatically, etc... i still got stuck with this patch anyway. *sigh*

---edit---

just when did they put out that update? i started having issues about 1am, uh... yesterday or the day before by now.

Edited by Invisible Man

My skyrim ran fine until patch 1.3.10 after it it was unplayable, since I was going to upgrade my RAM and change my 32 system to 64 bis I didn´t care much as I was sure it would work fine on my new system, turns out it didn´t, so I simply reinstalled steam and reinstalled skyrim and all is working now.

Another problem here:

since i got 1.4 yesterday, i can't start skyrim anymore. when i open it, an error message appears saying "Your game version is NOT supported, supported patches: 1.3.10.0us."

this is of course when i start it via SKSE. but i downloaded they newest version and installed it, which says that support for 1.4 is given. and i also downloaded the newest skyUI.

any suggestions?

ps. i'm from germany, i hope my grammar isn't that bad.

EDIT: fixed it. skyboost was the problem. ; )

Edited by paulandhislivinghell

Hilarious read.

For years, I built my own while learning 3D design so I could get a better system for my money. But times have changed. Companies like Dell must be getting awesome bulk deals now or something. Now, when I want to start a new system (to possibly upgrade immediately or later on my own), I go with Dell. All of the important parts are identical to what I would've gotten (via my selection choices) and the case is actually better. The only downside is usually the stock fans and noisy power supply, from my experience, however, easily upgraded if I don't like. Last time, I even bought a separate OS disc from someone else so that I could clean install.

My point being, talking down Dell isn't justified. I'm not defending Alienware, now owned by Dell, because I've never bought one of those. Yet I do imagine that building your own to those specs isn't necessarily better either unless you're ignoring the final product of which finish is important to some people. Not everyone has the skill and time to create moving parts that lift and open automically for extra cooling and buying a case that works and looks as good/well is not cheap and someone else is still then making that case for you.

Okay, I'll stop. Just wasn't dig'n the attitude.

I apologize if I came off rude, it wasn't my intention to insult. I've been watching too much Sherlock (actually, I saw them all WTB more)

I'm in the same boat - used to build my own too and while you can certainly build something faster than anything off the shelf, the cost argument isn't there anymore unless you're comparing it to something like Alienware. IMHO best thing to do is find a 64 bit shelf model with an i7, make sure the RAM speed is good then take it home and toss in a real power supply and the best NVidia card you can find. Alternatively, I picked up an Asus G-74 laptop this time and am very pleased. I did shop Alienware too, but price for performance, this little beast just handed Dell the smackdown.

I still have an Alienware I purchased way back when World of Warcraft came out. It still runs well and is a great backup computer. That said, it's only that good of quality because when I purchasd it, it was before crap Dell bought them out. Now Alienware sucks, bad. If you want top of the line without building your own, you go Falcon Northwest like I did a year ago for a new desktop and laptop; nobody beats their quality.

The Desktop:

Motherboard: Rampage 3 Extreme

CPU: Intel i7 990x 3.40 GHz (overclocked at 4.12 GHz, using liquid cooling)

Video Card: nVidia GTX 580 (x3)

Memory: 12 GB

RAM Speed: 1600 MHz

Video Game Harddrive: 256 GB

Secondary Harddrive: 1 TB

The Laptop:

Motherboard: P151HM1

CPU: i7 2920XM 2.50 GHZ

Video Card: GTX 485M

Memory: 4 GB

RAM Speed: 1333 MHZ

Harddrive: 256 GB

I'm the ONLY one with this problem??

Again, this is why I hate Steam and wish Skyrim never went to it.

You my friend are really paranoid. Steam cannot legally do that and your not the only person who got it off Steam. Tons of people got it off steam(like me) and arent having that issues.

I think the lesson to take is that although SKSE has been updated, some of the SKSE plugins have not. The SKSE team have specifically advised mod users, over in their WIP thread at the official forums, to remove SKSE plugins if having trouble. I for example have removed Script Dragon and Elys Uncapper until they are updated, I still run SkyUI, and I am having no issues.