How do I combine mods?

ltknight88

I've made a few small mods for my own game, and now I'd like to combine them into one in order to save space and mod slots in my load order.

It there a way to take the 5 mods I made, and then combine them into one?

Also, is there a way to make changes to a mod that I've downloaded, and then save that mod with the changes?

Example, I downloaded an armor mod, I added smithing/crafting recipes and made another copy of that armor with different stats. Can I do a "Save As" on that mod, and then save it someplace so that I can uninstall the mod with NMM and then reinstall it again later, without loosing the changes that I've made?

Thanks!

There is feature called Merge Plugins that, although won't merge the mods and all the assets into one, will merge the esp's of said mods. GamerPoets did a very detailed video about it. It's a bit long but it goes through absolutely everything.

As for applying changes, I'm not sure how the process is with NMM but with MO, once you make changes to a mod and then save, MO will alert you that you've made changes and you will have the option to apply them. I would assume you make changes but not as "save as" but rather a regular "save" so the changes are applied for the mod. And then you'd just move the mod somewhere and download the unchanged one again. You would then have 2 mods, one changed and one unchanged.