295.51 Beta Drivers + Official 1.4 Patch = EPIC AO

x2ruff4u

What I don´t like about any AO solution for Skyrim is that in foggy areas of the dungeons the AO is always visible through the fog which really destroys the atmosphere for me...I hope there will be a solution to this one day but I am not quite sure wether it is possible (since the fog there seems to be meshes/particle systems you would have to filter transperent meshes out but that would require you to have access to the source code I guess..but I haven´t looked into the stuff too much so i actually have no idea XD)

If you use the enbseries AO, this can be adjusted. The distance fade value is for AO as seen through fog, precisely.

Yes, that works for the distance fog in the exteriors but it doesn´t seem to work for the fog in the caves...

Are you sure? I'm not entirely sure of myself here. I did once have problems with fog both distant and close but not much anymore. I try to keep the fade factor down and not overdo the AO and IL amounts. Also, I've changed other settings not under SSAO, like less bloom, less ambient lighting in the environment and especially lowered the fog color multiplier. Widening adaptation also helps for me, I think. But I've tweaked so much now that I'm actually having trouble reproducing the mentioned problem. Here are my setting if that helps in my defense or in correcting me:

[EFFECT]

UseOriginalPostProcessing=false

EnableBloom=true

EnableAdaptation=true

EnableAmbientOcclusion=true

EnableDepthOfField=false

[bLOOM]

Quality=0

AmountDay=0.5

AmountNight=0.5

BlueShiftAmountDay=0.1

BlueShiftAmountNight=0.2

[CAMERAFX]

LenzReflectionIntensityDay=0.5

LenzReflectionIntensityNight=0.5

LenzReflectionPowerDay=1.0

LenzReflectionPowerNight=1.0

[sSAO_SSIL]

UseIndirectLighting=true

SamplingQuality=0

SamplingRange=0.5

FadeFogRangeDay=1.0

FadeFogRangeNight=1.0

SizeScale=0.5

SourceTexturesScale=0.5

FilterQuality=0

AOAmount=2.0

ILAmount=1.0

[NIGHTDAY]

DetectorDefaultDay=false

DetectorLevelDay=0.65

DetectorLevelNight=0.25

DetectorLevelCurve=2.0

[ADAPTATION]

ForceMinMaxValues=false

AdaptationSensitivity=0.1

AdaptationTime=0.5

AdaptationMin=0.05

AdaptationMax=200.0

[ENVIRONMENT]

DirectLightingIntensityDay=5.0

DirectLightingIntensityNight=1.0

DirectLightingCurveDay=1.0

DirectLightingCurveNight=1.5

DirectLightingDesaturationDay=0.0

DirectLightingDesaturationNight=0.0

SpecularAmountMultiplierDay=1.0

SpecularAmountMultiplierNight=1.0

SpecularPowerMultiplierDay=1.0

SpecularPowerMultiplierNight=1.0

SpecularFromLightDay=0.3

SpecularFromLightNight=0.3

AmbientLightingIntensityDay=0.6

AmbientLightingIntensityNight=0.3

AmbientLightingCurveDay=1.0

AmbientLightingCurveNight=1.0

AmbientLightingDesaturationDay=0.0

AmbientLightingDesaturationNight=0.0

PointLightingIntensityDay=1.0

PointLightingIntensityNight=2.0

PointLightingCurveDay=1.0

PointLightingCurveNight=1.5

PointLightingDesaturationDay=0.0

PointLightingDesaturationNight=0.0

FogColorMultiplierDay=0.1

FogColorMultiplierNight=0.1

FogColorCurveDay=0.5

FogColorCurveNight=1.0

ColorPowDay=1.3

ColorPowNight=1.1

[sKY]

Enable=true

StarsIntensity=1.0

StarsCurve=1.0

AuroraBorealisIntensity=0.2

AuroraBorealisCurve=1.0

CloudsIntensityDay=0.5

CloudsIntensityNight=0.5

CloudsCurveDay=1.0

CloudsCurveNight=2.0

CloudsDesaturationDay=0.2

CloudsDesaturationNight=0.1

GradientIntensity=1.0

GradientDesaturation=0.0

GradientTopIntensityDay=2.0

GradientTopIntensityNight=0.03

GradientTopCurveDay=1.0

GradientTopCurveNight=1.0

GradientMiddleIntensityDay=3.0

GradientMiddleIntensityNight=0.05

GradientMiddleCurveDay=1.0

GradientMiddleCurveNight=1.0

GradientHorizonIntensityDay=4.0

GradientHorizonIntensityNight=0.08

GradientHorizonCurveDay=1.0

GradientHorizonCurveNight=1.0

SunIntensity=5.0

SunDesaturation=0.0

SunCoronaIntensity=7.0

SunCoronaCurve=1.0

SunCoronaDesaturation=0.0

MoonIntensity=1.5

MoonCurve=1.0

MoonDesaturation=0.7

[OBJECT]

SubSurfaceScatteringMultiplierDay=0.6

SubSurfaceScatteringMultiplierNight=0.5

SubSurfaceScatteringPowerDay=0.6

SubSurfaceScatteringPowerNight=0.5

[LIGHTSPRITE]

IntensityDay=2.0

IntensityNight=1.0

CurveDay=1.5

CurveNight=1.5

[WINDOWLIGHT]

Intensity=7.0

Curve=1.0

[VOLUMETRICFOG]

IntensityDay=1.0

IntensityNight=1.0

CurveDay=1.0

CurveNight=1.0

[FIRE]

IntensityDay=2.0

IntensityNight=3.0

CurveDay=1.0

CurveNight=1.0

[colorCORRECTION]

UsePaletteTexture=false

[sHADOW]

ShadowObjectsFix=true

[DEPTHOFFIELD]

FadeTime=0.1

Well, I am too lazy to try and test wether it is possible to remove that problem with some tricky settings but I found a configuration here on the nexus which seems to do a better job in reducing the problem than I was able to do, so I am using that now.

But when I tried making my own config I seemed to me that the fog inside the dungeons was not affected by the FadeFogRange but I may be wrong and only chose wrong values.

Well, I am too lazy to try and test wether it is possible to remove that problem with some tricky settings but I found a configuration here on the nexus which seems to do a better job in reducing the problem than I was able to do, so I am using that now.

But when I tried making my own config I seemed to me that the fog inside the dungeons was not affected by the FadeFogRange but I may be wrong and only chose wrong values.

Yeah, I'm not sure, but I think the FadeFogRange only helps when other things are in a nice balance. It can't do much if something is already overpowering the AO. I'll admit, it's hard for me to go the subtle route when turning things up or down, like I love lots of AO being easily noticeable, exaggerating the effect. However, then I can't get it NOT to be everywhere and the fading range doesn't seem to help anywhere. Funny, when others settings seem more appropriate, changing the range doesn't even seem that important anymore.

Omg...now I have got that strange bug with ENB again...when I have AO activated the screen turns bright and dark and it´s impossible to play. Happened after I accidently launched the game through the launcher and it messed everything up...I have no idea how to fix it (bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 of course). :wallbash:

Amending my earlier post, I'm now playing with ENB fadefogrange on AO set to 0.1 because it really makes distant terrain look better if your system and settings can handle it, but that may cause more problems for others experiencing the effect through fog that is near. So far, very kewl for me though.

Omg...now I have got that strange bug with ENB again...when I have AO activated the screen turns bright and dark and it´s impossible to play. Happened after I accidently launched the game through the launcher and it messed everything up...I have no idea how to fix it (bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 of course). :wallbash:

Is that a common bug for others or just you?

On the launcher, when you click Options, does it show ENB as your graphics adapter?

If you delete the configuration file for ENB called enbseries by chance and then launch Skyrim, it creates/rewrites the config file with default settings that might not look so good. If that somehow happened, you might want to find someone settings to replace it with, perhaps from where you originally got the setting you liked or started from.

Well, at least one other guy has the same problem.

The launcher shows ENB as my graphics adapter.

No, I didn´t delete the enb config file...the launcher overwrote SkyrimPrefs.ini and also messed up the .esps. So my enbconfig is still the one with which it worked. I fixed my .esps and looked into SkyrimPrefs.ini, but it still seemed ok (i only changed the terrain and trees to cast shadows and changed bFloatPointRenderTarget to 1 if I remember correctly.) as the settings I changed were left untouched. So I don´t know where the problem suddenly is..

To clarify: When the save was loaded I have like 0.5 fps and the screens turns brighter and darker all the time. What I can see looks like the AO/IL pass. That only happens if AO is turned on, so that´s the reason obviously. I had this problem one time before when I made my own config but I forgot how i fixed it -.-

On the ENB forum, I found this thread "1FPS with SSAO enabled"

http://enbdev.com/enbseries/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=321&sid=99079678c5f1f678f88b2e36edae4d86

I'm guessing that's how you found the solution before and also knew at least one other person had the problem?

After reading the thread... did I get that right, dude was trying use nVidia AO at the same time??? And with nVidia texture filtering when ENB does that too?

Edited by thesapien