Best practices for placing new objects/containers in vanilla game world? I don't want to break anything...

NikaCola

How do i add something to the work with a script? Does someone can give a small example for that? Like placing a 10mm weapon onto the road after the sanctuary bridge or on a desk / under the desk

How do i add something to the work with a script? Does someone can give a small example for that? Like placing a 10mm weapon onto the road after the sanctuary bridge or on a desk / under the desk

It's pretty simple really. The problem is placement. Sometimes it seriously sucks, like in this bridge case. But, it can be worked by using MoveTo and playing with x,y,z after placing the object.

Event OnInit()

ObjectReference WeaponRef = SanctuaryBridge.PlaceAtme(WeaponToPlace, abForcePersist=true) ; places the gun pretty much middle of the bridge, can drop to water if bad luck

WeaponRef.MoveTo(SanctuaryBridge, 10, 5, 2) ; move it here, if needed; need a lot of testing ingame to see proper placement

WeaponRef.AttachMod(receiver) ; you can add mods to it too if you want

EndEvent

ObjectReference Property SanctuaryBridge Auto Const ; pick a sanctuary bridge in render window

Weapon Property WeaponToPlace Auto Const

ObjectMod Property Receiver Auto Const

EDIT: Be careful, I don't know how this affects cell resets etc, like is it gonna affect raider respawning at bridge? No idea, might want to test that ingame with lot of sleeping. What I do for my custom npc, is make her custom interior cell that is not connected to anything, place her there in ck, and then use moveto to move her in to the world. I have not run to any problems this way.

Edited by vkz89q