Something causing my settlers to revert to default armor. Cell reset bug related?

E71

Anyone know if settler's unequipping the armor you've equipped them with when you leave and come back to a settlement is related to the "cell reset bug"? I'm concerned whether it's one or more of my mods causing this as I have quite a few loaded and turning them off one by one and testing sounds like an exhausting process.

I normally go around my settlements equipping all my settlers with custom armor via console (equipitem XXX 1).

Thanks, E71

Edit: Great. Just reduced the number of mods I'm using to a few essentials (Homemaker, CBBE, Azar Ponytails, Slooty Vault jumpsuit etc.) loaded via F4SE and it still does it. I used to do this all the time about a year ago. Took a break from this game, recently came back to find that everything's more broken than before.

I also noticed equipping settlers via console with any non-armor item can reset the settler to their default armor... I remember this only happening with armor... Am I crazy or did everything get worse?

Edited by E71

How much time passed inbetween?

How far into the savegame are you?

There is an engine script issue, the one settlement thing that the unofficial FO4 patch cannot fix. They have written a fairly extensive article on this subject somewhere.

The words "reset NPC" followed along the line, that at some point, NPCs would completly reset, thus losing their stuff.

I would suggest to take a look at that and to see if it may be that.