Level Up Question

gcoka21

Hi all,

So I was just wondering whether or not there is a way to gain perk points every other level. Like is there a specific file I can edit or is there some other easy way to do it? I just think by level 40 or so your character is pretty OP, and although there are mods that can cap you out at level 50, you're still missing out on parts of the game because certain enemies (like mythic deathclaws, for example) only spawn around level 75-95+.

Thanks

I could be wrong but I don't remember seeing one like that.

I do something similar but I just have to use my self control to achieve this. I agree that after a while you can become quite OP so I just limit myself with those perk points. For example I have one toon that is about level 85 and I have about 60 perk points built up. I make a list of what I want with only a certain number of points and when I reach that number, I stop adding perks. I find I am usually quite strong anyway.

Good luck hunting.

You might want to take a look at the mod PerkPointsPerLevel. It requires F4SE and has it's own .ini file that can be configured to control how many perks points you get per level. Sounds like what you're looking for. I'm pretty sure you can define partial points per level, so if you configured it to give .5 points per level you would only get a single perk with every other level up.

EDIT: One cool thing about it that I forgot to mention is that you can tailor the perk amounts based on your level. For example, you can set it to give X number of perks from say lvl 1-20 for example, then increase or decrease the number of perks for any additional skill lvl increments as you level up.

Thank you guys for the replies. The recommended mod PerksPointsPerLevel worked out well. If people are interested in modifying their perk rate, I've attached a screenshot so that it's a little easier to figure out. (It took me a couple of tries, you have to get rid of the semi-colon to make some of the code active I presume...)