Whats going to happen to Skyrim Nexus after CK release?!

Zoris

Steam vs. Nexus  

110 members have voted

1. 1. If The Creation Kit Releases, Will You Still Come to Skyrim Nexus?

It's always about money is in fact true, in that Bethesda is paying Valve for its services, and Bethesda is providing these services expecting to increase its own profit margin from selling copies of the game and what ever DLC they release for the next 2 years. :thumbsup:

I didn't mean it like that, sure a modding community increases lifetime and thus DLC sales. But it seems people are jumping to the conclusion that Bethesda and Steam wants to sell our mods and people are mongering fear over a TOS explicit to VALVe's titles only.

I told my little brother about the SW and he was extatic about it, he's 16, but not that good with computers.

Yes, they are jumping to conclusions, and no matter how many facts you put in front of them they will keep jumping to conclusions and speculating until the end of time or when it's released, which ever comes first! :laugh:

I'll say this:

I don't see Steam taking over Skyrim modding, because it would have to involve moderation of content.

Steam servers hosting content means Steam rules and regulation.

Content that's too adult or copyrighted material will most likely get taken down.

Now you wouldn't think this is a bad thing, but it creatively hinders a lot of people.

Simply put, moderation/regulation of content puts limits on creative potential.

Even though there may be some pretty wacky mods on Skyrim Nexus, the freedom of creativity is what has kept me a proud user (mainly lurker) of this site since the release of TESIV, to Fallout 3, New Vegas and even Dragon's Age--I would assume the same for a large majority of you users out there. As soon as the Creation Kit is released, I hope to be exploring it to and be involved in the creation of new and innovative content--but even if there aren't creative restrictions on work for Steam releases, I'll be releasing on Skyrim Nexus.

The Nexus is the first place for mods I've come across that literally takes information and content as freedom of speech--as it should be and is meant to be, and it inspires a great mix for new and creative ideas. Maybe you create a whole new world to explore, or maybe a new arsenal of weapons and armor...or a physics dependent body replacer for bigger boobs to react to all your actions instead of float and shake like a tray of jello on crack. You can create anything of your wildest dreams in a world that becomes your canvas, only limited by your mind and the technology at your fingertips.

Edited by jbirnbaum2