Filtering out files by user

uglydemon

I've been currently seeing a lot of mods in Skyrim nexus churned out by certain uploaders that have spam and trolling written allover them, but unfortunately that don't seem t be directly breaking rules so you can't do much about it. I think adding the ability for members to block mods by user would be a great solution to that...similar to ignore button on forums. it would clean up so much of the crappy "joke" mods cluttering out the space while browsing.

Is it possible for this feature to be implemented soon?

Edited by uglydemon

Also, very interested in such a feature. The latest files page needs this desperately, specifically a feature that allows the user to exclude a specific authors mods.

My attempts to communicate with a mod author about how they could include all their files (3 pages worth of shields all uploaded as separate files -_-) in one nexus mod page, have gone quite badly with them replying that the more people tell them too put all their files together the more they are going to spam separate files. To be specific this mod author: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/modules/members/index.php?id=3558714

To a moderator: Is that situation classified as trolling and can the mod author therefore be banned for it? please... please tell me it is! I love the nexus but I miss out on so many good mods because they get pushed out of the latest files list before I can see them by the mod authors that spam small files that could easily be bundled together.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Unfortunately, many if not most authors choose not to tag their own mods. And few members will bother to tag the mods they look at. Until this changes to all authors tag their mods and most members take the time to tag older mods they look at - tag search will not be viable.

3 people MUST agree on a tag for it to take effect. Author and moderator tags are automatic though.

Recommendation, if you are a mod author, mark 3 tags for your mod. But not too many. I have already hidden one mod for marking every tag hoping that would get him more attention (It did, but not the attention he wanted) :ermm:

Please help us tag mods. :thumbsup:

yeah. that's the guy who mostly "inspired" me to make this thread. him and the Christmas mod spammer. obviously they do this intentionally to spam and clog up the site with useless mods. could be some of those butthurt banned members getting back at the site...