Feedback! Going to make animations mods

SonOfAnarchy13

What bothers me a lot is that in the first-person animation of sneaky throat slitting my character slices the forehead and not the throat. Maybe it has something to do with different height of my character (Breton)?

You are correct. That is very hard to adjust since I don't know of a way to tell the engine "if your grabbing this "race" it's height is "this" and the neck is "here"

But with that, I want to slow the slitting down, making it more...nasty to say? and more ninja like!

I like the double dagger chest impale they have in and wanted to tweak that slightly to have the back planted foot to come up and do like a power knee to the corps as its being brought down :-D

Just one of my ideas of changing/adding animations ^_^

Hey Anarch. I've had an idea for a rather extensive animation mod for awhile, and was wondering if you had any thoughts on it, or even if you were interested in working on it. Obviously You, as the Mod Author, would have fulls rights...etc etc. I was just wondering if it would even be possible to work on this Mod when the CK comes out tomorrow.

Skyrim Animation Enhanced Role-Playing

Anything anyone wants to see done,redone,tweaked,added?

Conversation animations!!! One of the dark ideas way way in the back of my head was to eventually learn a bit about your craft to see how possible it would be to do the following in a game like Skyrim:

hand on the arm

patting the shoulder

reading over someone's shoulder

patting a child on the head

exchanging money *

exclamatory gestures (thrrowing one's arms up/wide, punching the air, etc)

holding hands (not sure at all if it would work)

carrying a bag at one's side

scratching various body parts

sneezing, coughing, blowing one's nose

* this already exists, just not timed right, I think. Looks a bit odd.

And PLEASE fix the turning animation! Whenever a character turns away/toward me, their upper body sways back and they swing around almost like they have a huge cannon strapped to their belly. I guess it looks more like swagger than anything else. Maybe it's just me, but the turning animation just looks all kinds of wierd.

Edited by Susurruss

Anything anyone wants to see done,redone,tweaked,added?

More common death animations. There are very few death animations if they're not triggered by a finisher.

And conversation animations too. For example, i was thinking something like, when you buy something from a blacksmith, he shows it to you.

It could be something as simple as both get closer, and the blacksmith hands you some weapon and shows it to you. Like you're actually browsing something. It doesnt needs to be particular what you're buying. Just something that hints that you're engaging in some bartering, like showing you a branded iron shield or iron sword (since its pretty symbolic for the Dragonborn with all the trailers n such).

Also, idle animations.

Standing completely still is annoying. It would be awesome that, if you're in a tavern, and some bard starts to sing, it triggers idle animations like for the other NPCs (clapping, waving a tankard, etc). That wouldnt even need new animations but triggering already existing ones.

Do you think you could work with somebody here to create an animation that will allow us (and NPC followers) to climb up ledges that between waist height and 1.5x head height? You provide the animations and someone else provide the instructions needed to start the process if that is something you are unsure of.

I never understood why this particular dynamic had been left out of these games, basically anything that involved 1st person view... so when Killzone 2 came out people were like "OMG THATZ AWESOMESAUCE!!!!" and I was like... "been asking for that for 10 years".

Here is an example of what I am talking about, just skip to 06:45 in the video:

Obviously pulling up your follower is not expected, nor is the knee up. just hoping we can use our own hands to push/pull ourselves up a ledge that may be as low as 1.5 meters high. We currently have the usual first person thing where these are treated as infinitely high walls with no real way of getting over them but they are not coded invisible walls... there is just no mechanic in place to climb it.

Edited by ProjectVRD

thanks for the feedback guys, most to all of these were already on my "things to do". And Thanks for that link Greyfox, it'll be stuff I want to do after I get the hang of getting stuff in.

I want to go from simple animations like walk,running, opening doors, ect to finishers and more emotions and movements in "cut scene" dialog which i know there aren't but an example would be Cicero from the darkbrother hood, the guys' crazy but they don't animate him like he is.

Do keep in mind that there are two sets of animations, first and third person. I'll mainly focus on third person for now because you see everyone else more then yourself.

And VRD, I can create the animations, but without a coder/scripter to tell the game "where,when,and what" is climbable and a ledge. It can't be done by myself alone.