ENBs Don't work right for some reason

dueldragon

I'm serious, every ENB i use looks wrong, i follow the insturctions, i download all necessary files, but EVERY enb ASIDE from RealVision ENB Looks wrong, A few examples

T.A.Z Visual Overhaul:

http://imgur.com/a/4Y5oQ

Tetrachromatic ENB:

http://imgur.com/a/1LxIZ

Sorry that i can't provide screenshots in this post, it says it's too big.

And anyway, i have a clean install, the ENBs being the first things i downloaded.

I also used other enbs, like Seasons of Skyrim, NLVA and NLA, (used them as ENBs and not weathers), all of them did NOT look as right. For example the lighting was off and the sky was a default skyrim sky. I've been ignored twice already with posts regarding this issue, Please, help me.

So far RealVision was the only that ever worked right for me.

My specs:

GTX 1060 3GB

I5-6500

8GB of RAM

Windows 10

Edited by dueldragon

I also used other enbs, like Seasons of Skyrim, NLVA and NLA, (used them as ENBs and not weathers), all of them did NOT look as right. For example the lighting was off and the sky was a default skyrim sky. I've been ignored twice already with posts regarding this issue, Please, help me.

That's not how they're supposed to be used. Both NLA and NLVA are in fact complete weather overhauls. The ENBs provided with them are designed to work together with the whole package. Same goes for T.A.Z: It's a package with ENB and custom weathers. If you want it to look as intended, download and install everything.

In general: Before downloading and installing an ENB, always check, what weather / lighting mods it is designed for,. I'd suggest to decide on a weather mod (or none at all) first, then look for ENB presets, that were explicitely designed for use with that weather mod.

Another thing is compatibility of presets and different ENB builds. If possible, you should use ENB presets with the binary they were designed for. Seasons of Skyrim for example is great, but very outdated. It will run with the current ENb binary (3.08), but it won't look as intended.

On a side note: When changing ENBs, make sure you uninstall everything from the previous ENB. If you don't you will also get weird results. You can use this tool to safely remove ENBs (and also manage your favourite presets in a very comfortable way): http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7804/?

That's not how they're supposed to be used. Both NLA and NLVA are in fact complete weather overhauls. The ENBs provided with them are designed to work together with the whole package. Same goes for T.A.Z: It's a package with ENB and custom weathers. If you want it to look as intended, download and install everything.

In general: Before downloading and installing an ENB, always check, what weather / lighting mods it is designed for,. I'd suggest to decide on a weather mod (or none at all) first, then look for ENB presets, that were explicitely designed for use with that weather mod.

Another thing is compatibility of presets and different ENB builds. If possible, you should use ENB presets with the binary they were designed for. Seasons of Skyrim for example is great, but very outdated. It will run with the current ENb binary (3.08), but it won't look as intended.

On a side note: When changing ENBs, make sure you uninstall everything from the previous ENB. If you don't you will also get weird results. You can use this tool to safely remove ENBs (and also manage your favourite presets in a very comfortable way): http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7804/?

Tetrachromatic had a version designed for Vivid Weathers, i used it, and the result was the screenshot i posted. And i did change everything from the previous enb, i always reinstalled ENB itself after deleting a previous enb. and what do you mean by everything? Would you mind sharing what T.A.Z was intended to be used with? i didn't really see mentioning of a weather mod, and i am confused. I also used step by step guides from various youtubers, did what they did. And it did not look like how it looked in their videos. But of course, the problem most likely lies with me, but i can't really put my finger on it.

PS: Sorry if i didn't understand something right, i'm not a native speaker (probably noticed due to my horrible grammar) and i can have mis-comprehensions here and there.

Edited by dueldragon

I'm not a native speaker myself - so maybe I didn't explain clearly enough.

With T.A.Z. I was simply wrong. Sorry for confusing you. It's indeed just the ENB files. I was under the impression, that it needs an additional .esp file. My bad.

It's been a while since I tested T.A.Z. I looked at your screenshots again. TBH, I don't think there's something totally wrong. The whole preset seems to aim for a somewhat "blueish" or "cold" look. The blue shadows for example, that can be seen on your screenshot, are also there on some of the pictures on the T.A.Z site.

The Tetrachromatic screenshot looks like "working as intended". Tetra itself is very vibrant and colorful, so is Vivid Weathers. If you combine the two, you get something VERY, VERY colorful. Fantasy - not realistic. I'm playing with Tetra and VW myself from time to time - when I'm in the mood for colors... So, in short, I think you installed at least Tetra correctly - probably T.A.Z too.

With ENBs you simply have to test and find out what you like. Tastes are different, so are ENBs...

Since you mentioned Realvision, you might have a look at these ENBs:

Organic v2 (for Vivid Weathers): http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76783/?

Lexi ENB (somewhat similar to "Realvision", also for "Vivid Weathers": http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82041/?

I'm not a native speaker myself - so maybe I didn't explain clearly enough.

With T.A.Z. I was simply wrong. Sorry for confusing you. It's indeed just the ENB files. I was under the impression, that it needs an additional .esp file. My bad.

It's been a while since I tested T.A.Z. I looked at your screenshots again. TBH, I don't think there's something totally wrong. The whole preset seems to aim for a somewhat "blueish" or "cold" look. The blue shadows for example, that can be seen on your screenshot, are also there on some of the pictures on the T.A.Z site.

The Tetrachromatic screenshot looks like "working as intended". Tetra itself is very vibrant and colorful, so is Vivid Weathers. If you combine the two, you get something VERY, VERY colorful. Fantasy - not realistic. I'm playing with Tetra and VW myself from time to time - when I'm in the mood for colors... So, in short, I think you installed at least Tetra correctly - probably T.A.Z too.

With ENBs you simply have to test and find out what you like. Tastes are different, so are ENBs...

Since you mentioned Realvision, you might have a look at these ENBs:

Organic v2 (for Vivid Weathers): http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76783/?

Lexi ENB (somewhat similar to "Realvision", also for "Vivid Weathers": http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82041/?

Okay, so i guess TAZ just isn't for me. But i looked at other's people videos with Tetrachromatic (the guide i use) but my game's sky looks red and grey at 10:00 AM in game, and the ground is a bright red glow, while in the videos the sky looked nice, with the deep blue and the pretty ground. But mine's just wrong, i don't know why. I am 75% sure that Tetra isn't working

But who knows, maybe i'll try a different version.

Edited by dueldragon