Quest :Loud and Clear doesn't starts???

dukeofkiewit

Hello guys

Just finished the first thieves guild quest: Taking care of business.

Normally the next quest : Loud and Clear should start automaticly but it doesn't.

He says i need to follow him (still normal) but i don't get the message of new quest : Loud and clear.

Also it isn't in my quest list and after I follow him we end up on the Market squire and I can't talk with him beacause he alwas says :"Hmm?"

In other words i'm stuck ... :s

Anyone an idea ?

Greetz DukeofKiewit

Edited by dukeofkiewit

After completing the quest Taking Care of Business, speak with Brynjolf and Mercer about your membership and your next assignment. You can speak with Vex before leaving the Ragged Flagon to gather some more details about the Goldenglow Estate, including the presence of a Sewer system to facilitate your incursion.

After completing the quest Taking Care of Business, speak with Brynjolf and Mercer about your membership and your next assignment. You can speak with Vex before leaving the Ragged Flagon to gather some more details about the Goldenglow Estate, including the presence of a Sewer system to facilitate your incursion.

Thx but it didn't worked.... :s

I just can't talk anymore with Bryonjolf or Mercer.....when I tried Bryanjolf said "hmmm?" and mercy didn't respond at all.....:s

Has Taking Car of Business cleared from your journal?

Yes after I talk with Bryonjolf i recieve the reward and i get the message: completed Taking care of business but I don't get a new message saying new quest started (in journal also no new quest) and i can follow Bryonjolf to MErcy but without the quest being started they ignore me....

Ran over it a dozen times but each time I get the same, Taking care = completed , but no new quest started.... :(

I wanted to talk to vex about the unusual gems but even that is impossible now.....

there are two solutions

1. there is a chance that the quest wont be shown in your journal. in that case go see a website that says what you have to do and do it.

2. open console and type setstage TG02 10 this will start the quest

ok thx !! ;)

OK thx I followed up you're advice and searched after a site...

I found the reason I can't go on.....(it's a bug)

Because during the quest taking care of business I didn't let him finish his speek but ran off after the message quest taken or completed and because i stopped the conversation he will never show me mercy and others... :(

now I'll have to start over.......I already played for 12-18 hours on that acc..... :(

• 1 year later...

having the same problem as the TC. typed in "setstage TG02 10" and nothing happened, the quest didn't start and whenever I go to the cistern they act like I'm tresspassing. I restarted (live another life mod installed) as a member of the thieves guild but it didn't help. I have SkyRe installed, could that be causing the problem?

Edited by mrolympia78