Problem With Companion Skills

gmg2dave

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or just another example of a hidden step that you have to perform to spend your companions skill points, but every time I set their skills if I go back into the skill interface screen, they have all been reset to no skill points being spent on my companions. Needless to say, this severely nerfs my companions in combat. Tried looking on-line for a solution or if anyone else is having this problem but haven't had any luck in finding any information on this. So, anyone else having this problem, or am I just missing a step to make their skill selections stick?

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or just another example of a hidden step that you have to perform to spend your companions skill points, but every time I set their skills if I go back into the skill interface screen, they have all been reset to no skill points being spent on my companions. Needless to say, this severely nerfs my companions in combat. Tried looking on-line for a solution or if anyone else is having this problem but haven't had any luck in finding any information on this. So, anyone else having this problem, or am I just missing a step to make their skill selections stick?

If you are on a PC, Use the Repair Option from the Origin Menu. Once it completes, try to set your companions skills, then save the game, then reload that save and see if it took. If it did not, then you may have a corrupted savegame file... I had that problem twice last week. Had to go back about 3 hours to recover a good save. I have become more aggressive at saving my game now.

Thanks for the response, unfortunately it didn't work. And the last good save game I have is actually before Eos, so looks like I'm starting all over again, lol. Going to have to remember to save more often, when the game lets me that is.