Transformations.

Deleted2710878User

Let me elaborate on this.

Since a transformation like the werewolf/lycan(beast form) exists, would you be able to create whole new models and animations for those models and then put them into the game as transformations?( With the CK, ofcourse.)

Changing into beast form gives you specific attacks meant only to be used for that form and it lets you howl as well, so specific actions for this specific transformation.

I figured it would be possible for a modder to add new transformations like, let's say the "chaos form" from "War" in the game "Darksiders"(which, if you are unfamiliar with the game, makes you turn into something that looks like the "balrog" from "the lord of the rings"... if you are unfamiliar with that.. then I guess it would be explained as a big, living gargoyle that's been set on fire.) or the "devil trigger" from the "Devil May Cry" series.

I slightly remember a mod that added a huge quest and the thing I remembered most about it was that it added a magic power that actually transformed you into a demon, from what I can remember it actually did change the character model and gave you an epic sword.

Is this possible? And would someone even be willing to do stuff like this?

Thanks in advance for answers, I just wanted to clear this matter up, I think they might feature a tutorial for transformations in the CK's wiki but I wanted to ask you guys first :P

setrace-ing the player is trivial. Making the transformation and resulting model look good is the hard part. The werewolf model had something like 10 different animations (ww_stage1.hkx to ww_stage9.hkx), just corresponding to the initial transformation phase, all carefully targeted morphs just for a 5 second animation. Stuff like that takes a freaking lot of time to make. It mostly depends how good you want it to look. Edited by jimhsu

• 2 weeks later...

What you are requesting is possible. I'm working on a Shapeshifting mod which gives you Beastforms to swap situationally, each form having it's buffs and debuffs. While in beast form you can trigger effects and spells (e.g bearform procs stagger on hit, powerbashing does an AE fear, Sabre form gives life-steal and a frenzy effect etc). A glipse of the shapeshifting FX:

What you are requesting is possible. I'm working on a Shapeshifting mod which gives you Beastforms to swap situationally, each form having it's buffs and debuffs. While in beast form you can trigger effects and spells (e.g bearform procs stagger on hit, powerbashing does an AE fear, Sabre form gives life-steal and a frenzy effect etc). A glipse of the shapeshifting FX:

WOW!

That is quite amazing :D

I'm definitely looking forward to your work, I like how each "shape" or "form" has different effects, very intuitive, instant support from me ^^