Networking Blues

I have a slightly annoying issue with my networking here, mostly in part because my filesharing setup is not working when I want it to be.

I have a dedicated fileserver running Windows Server 2008 on my network.

Because I have limited ethernet ports and wires, I sometimes hijack the server's cable for other devices(Ex. other laptops, configuring a new router).

Annoyingly, when the connection cuts, my main desktop refuses to recognize the mapped folder(Fileserver (\\SERVER-PC)(Q:) after I reconnect:

An error occurred while reconnecting Q: to

\\SERVER-PC\Fileserver

Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use.

This connection has not been restored.

It also does the same when trying to access Server-PC via Network connections with the correct credentials:

\\SERVER-PC is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.

However, if I try to access SERVER-PC via Remote Desktop, it logs right in, within seconds.

For the most part, restarting my main desktop again solves this issue, but I prefer to keep my desktop on at all times due to some of the applications I occasionally run.

What is the most agitating though is all other computers on the network are unaffected, they pick up the server the moment it comes back online.

Are there any small network settings that I may have missed?