More Marriageable Male NPCS

autumnsky38

Hi everyone. I was wandering around Skyrim tonight looking fora new hubby after "splitting" from my old one and realize that there are very few men who I'd really WANT to marry, whether they were marriageable or not. So many of them are well.....just sort of bald or blalding, older than I'd prefer, etc. I'd love to have someone make a mod with a lot more men to choose from and have them all be marriageable---then I could pretend I was the belle of the ball and they all wanted me. LOL!

Thanks guys,

Tracy

If you don't mind doing a bit of the work without the CK (hopefully out tomorrow!), you can use the NPC editor to tweak character appearances. The catch is that you can't see the changes in the editor-- but what you can do is copy things from characters you already like the looks of!

When the CK arrives (tomorrow? Please, Bethesda?) it should be pretty easy to not only change appearances, but also add marriage options to just about anyone; I believe that the most common assumption is that the current limitations are due to lack of voiced lines. That is, if it hasn't been recorded, even if you use the console to add the appropriate factions, it doesn't matter-- no voiced lines == no options. The obvious workaround is adding the appropriate silent line, something like: [NPC sees the Amulet of Mara, and smiles at you hopefully.]

Or if, like me, you're okay with silent dialogue, write up something that sounds true to the character you're editing.

Of course, this is still all theory for at least another day. :)

Thanks Janus and Nell! I'm intrigued by your mod Janus and will definitely keep my eye on it---it sounds great and Skryim needs romance---right now it's just talking maybe once to a total stranger (or a familiar npc you buy stuff from) and suddenly you're married. Talk about boring! lol And I definitely don't mind dating or marrying Dark Elves----I WAS one in both Oblivion and Morrowind. ;)

Nell---I like your ideas a lot. I don't have to have the voices-I admit I LOVE Balimund's voice and a few others, but just having extra dialogue options would be great all by themselves. And I do love to write anyway so maybe I'll write up a few ideas and play with the CK when it comes out. I hope it is this week because I'm dying from boredom with the same ol' dialogue options! :)

Tracy

Nell---I like your ideas a lot. I don't have to have the voices-I admit I LOVE Balimund's voice and a few others, but just having extra dialogue options would be great all by themselves. And I do love to write anyway so maybe I'll write up a few ideas and play with the CK when it comes out. I hope it is this week because I'm dying from boredom with the same ol' dialogue options! :)

CK is here!

Well, I know where MY free time will be going for the next week.

Can't wait to make a few necessary changes-- like making the NPCs' random responses actually random, so you don't hear the same line every single time you pass them; making certain NPCs marriageable and follower-capable; and many, many more!

From the TESNex post: To download it, go to "View" -> "Tools", and look for "Creation Kit".

It took a bit of time for me to download it, but I had to make dinner, anyway. :D

It's looking pretty good at first glance-- and much to my unholy glee, I see they have an interesting new condition: LocationHasKeyword! That's going to make setting up random comments based on location 100% easier.

<3 u Bethesda!

The question is, do I edit Brynjolf in as a follower / marriage prospect first? Or start with some of our neglected Khajiit?

I say... either works I am a huge Beast Race fan though but I enjoy all menz. <3

Which ever would be easier for you to start learning on.

The new CK makes my head hurt... I am so horrible dealing with change XP