More Marriageable Male NPCS

autumnsky38

From the TESNex post: To download it, go to "View" -> "Tools", and look for "Creation Kit".

It took a bit of time for me to download it, but I had to make dinner, anyway. :D

It's looking pretty good at first glance-- and much to my unholy glee, I see they have an interesting new condition: LocationHasKeyword! That's going to make setting up random comments based on location 100% easier.

<3 u Bethesda!

The question is, do I edit Brynjolf in as a follower / marriage prospect first? Or start with some of our neglected Khajiit?

Brynjolf!! Do it!! *begs pathetically*

Thanks Nell! And btw, glad to see I'm not the only one who wants a romantic/marriageble version of Brynjolf! LOL I have a feeling he's going to be sneaking around Skyrim to have relationships wtih all of us! LOL LOL

Tracy who hopes she can figure the CK---it's downloading as we speak.

Okay, I'll take a shot at it over the next day or so; although I suspect someone else will beat me to it!

I sketched out the general outline, and one thing I could use is a suggestion-- what kind of gift do you guys think Brynjolf would find appealing?

Tracy - The CK isn't as awful as it looks-- I've done some minor tinkering with it already, and to me, it feels a bit easier to use than the CS was!

Nivea - I'm a bit sorry that the beast races are so neglected (although I get the lore-friendly reasons why). I'm just not sure if I should cobble together an entirely new one, or focus on doing more with the existing ones. Once again, while I love voice acting, it makes the companion creation a bit rough. (Also, good to see you! :) )

Confirmed! It's the lack of dialogue that makes it impossible to console-add Brynjolf as a marriage partner! That's the good news.

The bad news is, it looks to me like it's going to be incredibly complicated to use the existing dialogue; I'm betting it'll be twice as easy to just go ahead and write a mini-quest just for his character. Something like,

If condition X is true, then marriage is an option

If condition X is false, then marriage is not an option.

The catch is, what is X? The completion of the Thieves' Guild quest? That seems to be logical, and god knows it'd be easiest. In theory, anyway. In practice, probably not so much.

But what about players who don't intend to join the TG? Maybe X is a fetch quest of some kind...?

(I'm pleased to note that it was easy to follower-ize one of my own favorites, Brunwulf. I'm not a huge fan of Skyrim marriage as it stands, so having him run around with me is just fine!)

Nell--thanks for trying it out and letting us know that it's not as scary as it might seem to us newbies! I can't wait til I have the time to really sit down with the instructions and get comfortable with it! Also, I like your idea of doing some kind of quest for Brynjolf.......maybe something like fetching an extra-special item that only he and maybe Karliah know about----something he wants for himself but doesn't want to share with the Theives Guild? Not sure what it would be but maybe if you're comforable making objects you could create your own special "thing" and it would knock his socks off. LOL

Tracy, wondering what it would be like to wake up to "Morning lass, how's my lovely bride today?" LOL!!!!!

It's definitely going to be a bit hard to get used to, but that's only because I'm fairly familiar with the old CS. In some ways, this new version is going to be easier, if only because it has an interesting conversation editor-- the Dialogue View tab, which gives you sort of a flowchart / graph view. People who are more visual in their approach to quest design may appreciate it most:

http://nellspeed.finalgirl.us/scene.png

I'm still flailing around at the moment, trying to sort out what things go where. Very little productivity at the moment.

Tracy, wondering what it would be like to wake up to "Morning lass, how's my lovely bride today?" LOL!!!!!

PC: ...either I had too much to drink, or not enough.

I have the feeling Brynjolf is relentlessly cheerful in the morning, if only to aggravate everyone around him.

Seriously, thank you so much for making this, or at least trying :D I wanted to try this myself, but i'm completely lost, lol. You seem like you have a much better understanding of the editor.

I was thinking of having the player steal something for a present, too. It's the most obvious solution to me.

As for when the romance becomes available? I'd say after you finish the main thieves guild quest (after you get your Nightingale power, NOT after you become master, because that takes much longer).

Eyrika - Keep trying! Keep trying! Seriously, the more modders out there, the better. It looks way more complicated than it really is, trust me.

Start with something tiny. Too many would-be modders decide they're going to do this big giant complicated world-changing project-- they almost always fail, because they get overwhelmed & discouraged.

So start with... a new book, or a journal, or a chest sunk at the bottom of a stream. Or maybe a half-dozen notes, scattered around an abandoned house, telling a small story about the people who lived there-- the brother and sister from Helgen who only stayed there for a night after their home was destroyed, the 60-year-old man who finally achieved his life's dream of becoming a bard, the little kid who wants to be a soldier (like her older brother), but hasn't seen him for months and months, and doesn't know where he is, so she writes him letters he'll never get.

In the end, modding is about stories. Tell one. :)

I'm afraid I didn't have enough time this weekend to do any serious modding, but I did learn a bit about how quests are run, etc.

The easiest possible option is definitely going to be creating a new quest, just to marry him.

OR. To create a new NPC and go from there. I did that with a Vilkas clone this weekend, in fact.