some historical events

sagitel

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have no clue what the relationship between Elves and Dragons was. Maybe the Dragons left them alone because they were kindred spirits (The Elves are lesser Aedra, just like the Dragons). It could also be that Elves, being fey, magic creatures, were strong enough to stand on their own and oppose the Dragons attempts at slavery. There could also have been the whole 'sacrifice a virgin to keep the Dragon happy' thing going on. We really just don't know what was going on between Mer and Dovah.

Maybe the dragons didnt had enough time to expand. That said, how they could start a war, enslave Skyrim, build massive ruins all over the province, and still Alduin didnt got to devour the world in between all that is beyond me. Probably Alduin wanted to play around for a while, amassing thousands of followers, creating massive structures, etc, before ending it all.

Maybe the dragons fear elves because they know how to tame them! :P

Edited by eltucu

The whole World Gorger/Devourer part seems to be an unknown still. As Paarthurnax says, maybe Alduin is really gone or maybe he'll be allowed to return one day just to swallow the world. However, it didn't seem like Alduin had the whole world destruction part completely figured out.

As for building the ruins part, the only thing dragons did was sit on those ruins. What's the point of enslaving mankind if you don't put them to work, eh?:)

As for elves and dragons, between my 2nd and 3rd playthrough of Skyrim I had a dream one night that after I helped Ulfric rebuild Skyrim, we were attacked by the Dominion. I dreamt of the start of the main battle between the Nords and the Elves. I was leading the charge from Odahviing's back instructing the rest of the dragons to burn the s**t out of every elf in sight.

As for elves and dragons, between my 2nd and 3rd playthrough of Skyrim I had a dream one night that after I helped Ulfric rebuild Skyrim, we were attacked by the Dominion. I dreamt of the start of the main battle between the Nords and the Elves. I was leading the charge from Odahviing's back instructing the rest of the dragons to burn the s**t out of every elf in sight.

I had the same dream. :biggrin:

I had the same dream. :biggrin:

And i have dreamt of planting the Standard of the Imperial Dragon Throne in the spine of the Tlamor King's spine. Don't drag the Empire/Stormcloak arguement into another thread please. We already have several dedicated to that mess.

The simple fact is, we don't know what was going on with the Dragons and Elves.

since sagitel is banned (for stupid reason of buying illegal copy of game) i guess i should continue.

5. i know there are nine known divines but here there are dozense if gods. how many gods are there? how did were they created?

The 'Gods' are entities know as Et'ada. They are divided into two primary groups, Aedra (Ancestors) and Daedra (Better Ancestors/Not Ancestors, depending on the translation). They are born out of the cosmic interplay between Anu (Order/Stasis) and Padomay (Chaos/Change). Those more closely aligned with Anu are generally known as the Aedra, those more aligned with Padomay (Who is also known as Sithis) are the Daedra.

In the creation of Mundus (The world of Nirn) most of the Et'ada involved gave up their divinity to create the world. Whether knowingly or through Lorkhan's trickery, the weakest Et'ada were either completely consumed in the process (becomming the Earth Bones) or became mortal creatures (The Elves). Most of the stronger Et'ada, almost all of which were Aedric, fled through the barrier between Mundus and Oblivion. They left holes in the barrier, where the light of Aetherius can bleed through to Nirn (stars) and the most powerful Et'ada to leave was Magnus, whose hole is so massive it created the sun.

Only 8 Aedra remained to watch over Nirn, these being the divines worshiped first by the Altmer, then eventually by most of Tamriel. Add to this Lorkhan, the fallen god of men, and Talos, and you get 10 Aedra who are generally involved in TES world.

At the same time, you have the 15 Daedric Princes who interact with the world. The Princes are the most powerful of the Daedra, and there are some indications that there may be more of them... Still, 16 are known, though Jygalyg hasn't made his presence felt on Nirn yet.

lorkhan was created and closely related to sithis so that makes him a daedra (probably a prince) soo how was he able to trick the aedras? they must knew he was a daedra and shouldnt trust him. and as i have read in unofficial website he was killed by aedras after the creation of mundus. daedras are immortal so how was he killed? or is he an aedra?

There is some contention to the whole Lorkhan thing. Mankar Cameron argues that he is a Daedra, and that because of such everyone remembers him, since Daedra cannot truely die. This is certianly supported by the fact that Lorkhan and Akatosh are the only two gods which apear in every religion on Mundus, despite the fact that Lorkhan was 'killed' long before most of the current races existed in their present form. By Cameron's discription, Nirn was the Deadric Realm of Lorkhan, and Akatosh and the other Divines were his subordinates. Akatosh rebelled against Lorkhan and stole his realm, splintering Lorkhan's power so he could never manifest again. By this sequence of events, Dagon's attempted invasion of Mundus was simply an attempt to restore a brother to his former power.

Of course, Cameron gets some things blatantly wrong, like stating Nocturnal rules over Moonshadow (Azura's realm) but i've heard tell that this is because, when his voice actor was available, they only had a draft script that hadn't been checked for continuity yet, and instead of doing a good job, they ran with it.

Lorkhan's 'death' is also suspect, since there are different versions of what happened. It's generally agreed that the Aedra and Lorkhan fought, and Lorkhan created men as his army, but the reasons for this conflict, and nature of his defeat varry. The Elves say that Lorkhan tricked the other Aedra into sacrificing their power to create Mundus, while he gave nothing of himself. Other traditions (Mostly Cyrodiilic as far as i know) indicate that as they started to lose power, the other Aedra paniced and accused Lorkhan of trechery, and wrongfully punished him. The nords beleive he was killed in battle and became the god Shor. The Elves beleive he was defeated and brought to trial for his crimes at the Adamantium Tower (the worlds oldest structure, predating... well... everyone...). He had his heart cut out, and his divine flesh was split and two and suspended in the sky.

As for Lorkhan's exact nature, we know that the Order/Chaos lines are not absolute. Peyrite, for instance, is very ordered, Jygalyg even more so. Meridia is also supposedly the daughter of Magnus (an Aedra) which would indicate that lineage has no bearing on an individuals Aedric/Daedric divide. With the exception of Dagon, no one really seems to align perfectly with either Anu or Padomay, and as such it's difficult to really distinguish them from eachother based on the 'primal' gods. I think that the better division of Aedra and Daedra comes from their involvement in the creation of Mundus. the Daedra were not involved, the Aedra were. Thus, because Lorkhan was very much involved, regardless of his more Padomay aligned nature, he is still an Aedra.

Of course, another issue is... Can you kill an Aedra? They are certianly diminished in their current form, or at least the 8/9 Divines are, but can you kill them? We learn in Lord of Souls that you can diminish the power of a Daedric Prince, and all this really does is cause their realm to shrink, but they are still immortal. I think it reasonable that, so long as an Et'ada maintains the spark of their divinity, their immortal, so the distinctions between Daedric and Aedric become meaningless in that regard.