It is a texture pack after all,and it's available now! :D

Alithinos

I took quick before/after screenshots in Ivarstead. You can notice the difference slightly on the wooden posts. I am disappoint.

http://imgur.com/a/2ZgTP

It looks like the same picture twice. Do you see more of a difference up close? That is where it should be most noticeable. Also, try in Windhelm, as the textures there are notoriously awful.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure yet if this matters, but I had to manually add the .bsa archives to my Skyrim.ini file:

(added right after Skyrim - Shaders.base)

That is disappointing. So what do I do when I want to remove this? I'll stick to Skyrim HD FULL.

Edited by KatSkratch

To make the BSAs get loaded. The ESPs don't actually do anything, but their presence in the load order causes the BSAs to get loaded. Since the new ESPs get loaded after the main Skyrim esp, the associated BSAs do as well, so they override the ones in the vanilla textures BSA.

Thanks for the insight!

So there are 2 ways to load the new bsa's. Thankfully, It looks like you can disable the 2 .esp and edit your Skyrim.ini instead (as I have above).

I'm downloading the texture pack now, I'm confused by the post here as to whether or not it actually overrides the texture mods I have installed? If the difference is not that huge but FPS loss is great (as one poster mentioned) I'd rather just stick with the texture packs I had installed already >.<

I have it, and wtf...

Not much improvment! They change pretty evrything except ''ground'' BUT...

The hd official textures are better than normal ones, vanilla i mean, BUT...

I have to say that hd Skyrim, both for furniture/landscape is SO better than official ones...

Funny thing : some plants are changed, others not, and with Flora ovehaul i can say they sucks...i have screenshots only on steam.

Edited by frenk_the_vile