Construction Kit - For hosting, just ask!

GomuGomu64

I'll cut to the chase.

1. RESTRICTIONS ON USE The Editor is and shall remain the copyrighted property of Bethesda Softworks and/or its designee(s) and You shall take no action inconsistent with such title or ownership. You may not cause or permit the sale or other commercial distribution or commercial exploitation (e.g., by renting, licensing, sublicensing, leasing, disseminating, uploading, downloading, transmitting, whether on a pay-per-play basis or otherwise) of any New Materials without the express prior written consent of an authorized representative of Bethesda Softworks. This includes distributing New Materials as part of any compilation You and/or other Product users may create. You shall not create any New Materials that infringe upon the rights of others, or that are libelous, defamatory, harassing, or threatening, and You shall comply with all applicable laws in connection with the New Materials. You are only permitted to distribute the New Materials, without charge (i.e., on a strictly non-commercial basis), to other authorized users who have purchased the Product, solely for use with such users’ own authorized copies of such Product and in accordance with and subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and all applicable laws. If You distribute or otherwise make available New Materials, You automatically grant to Bethesda Softworks the irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, sublicensable right and license under all applicable copyrights and intellectual property rights laws to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, perform, display, distribute and otherwise exploit and/or dispose of the New Materials (or any part of the New Materials) in any way Bethesda Softworks, or its respective designee(s), sees fit. You also waive and agree never to assert against Bethesda Softworks or its affiliates, distributors or licensors any moral rights or similar rights, however designated, that You may have in or to any of the New Materials. If You commit any breach of this Agreement, Your right to use the Editor under this Agreement shall automatically terminate, without notice.

BoldItalics - After reading the front-page of skyrim.nexusmods I assume that the staff of the site have made no contact with Bethesda and/or steam whethere or not nexusmods can provide a mirror for the CK. Long-possible-rant-cut-short, have you even asked Beth about the ability to host the CK for Skyrim?

You all can host at a site or your own. Steam is being a bunch of retards.

So, post the creationkit.exe somewhere and let us know the link so we can all be a thousand times happier.

Cuz the darned thing isn't showing up in my steam app. for some dumb reason.

Yeah, that's right! We all should be able to post our mods where we want! I mean, the tool is giving us the rights!

it is highly likely that like patches steam is required to download or get the ck and any alternative routes will be just like pointing to a cracked patch or game

imho and not so humble steam is a steaming pile of sh** and they will attempt to get ownership of the ck outright as well as the mod rights wars that will ensure if steam sees profit.

for bethesda to have done this to their incredibly amazing modding community is a huge slap.

i imagine the future ck with the next tes game will be fully owned by something like steam if not steam itself.