Contained aggro..

TankIsKing

It's a hard knock life in Skyrim. You are always getting mobbed if you play on a hardcore level. Exponentially more so with mods that add extra combatants in any given cell. I can't recall if I've ever played a game where dozens of enemies tried stabbing me all at once. Or if I've ever seen that same scenario pan out in a flick. Generally, they come at you mano a mano, or ya kno, one on one.. sometimes one vs two. Otherwise, they risk stabbing eachother.. or hitting their mate with an ice spike or something. More importantly, Skyrim doesn't have attacks that execute behind, to the left, and to the right of you nor can you block or parry in any of those directions. Basically, you're always gonna get stabbed in the back is what I'm saying :/

That's why Skyrim needs a mod that only allows a set number of npcs to enter into combat with you. I'm thinking 1.. maybe 2 npcs. The rest of the bunch maybe surrounds you, swords unsheathe, maybe, taunting you.. ready to cut you down if their friends failed. Maybe long range opponents could chill out for a bit to reduce friendly fire against their own guys (I don't think NPC friendly fire is a thing.. but it damn well should be, especially when Stormcloaks fights the Legion in those big battles)

It would be cool if after mowing down a healthy portion of enemy npcs that you've "aggro'd".. they'd be like "F#ck it" and start swinging at you out of desperation.

Oh.. and there's an option when bashing a patch in "Wryebash" to set the number of enemies who are in combat with you. It doesn't seem to be working, however.