Stop HD Pack? :S

treacle109

So i saw that the HD pack was available and went to download, except once it had started downloading it got to 200mb and then dropped straight down to around 5kb/s... Now i cant play the game because steam wants to update the game -_- Anyone know anyway to just stop the download?

Unplug the modem and turn off computer???? I don't know but if I did hit the download button I would do that without thinking if there would be any consequences...wich I'm assuming there aren't.

Unplug the modem and turn off computer???? I don't know but if I did hit the download button I would do that without thinking if there would be any consequences...wich I'm assuming there aren't.

I meant so i could play skyrim again and forget about the HD pack for a while xD

It was going fine until im assuming the servers overloaded, because its halfway through a download it wont start the game

Hi,

i think unplugging the modem wont fix it. The problem is you have to log in to steam to set it offline. Maybe its worth to give it a try..., otherwise, be patient :)

Sarah

Launch the game through Skyrim script extender.... works for me. you should also be able to play and download at same time.

Also if you want to make you download speed faster change the download settings in steam to US - Denver my speeds rapidly improved and i'm in the uk.

Launch the game through Skyrim script extender.... works for me. you should also be able to play and download at same time.

Also if you want to make you download speed faster change the download settings in steam to US - Denver my speeds rapidly improved and i'm in the uk.

Wow, thanks... :thumbsup:

Sitting in germany with a 16Mb DSL, i'm getting like 50-300KB/s from german steam servers. Denver got me 700-800KB, New York 1MB and right now downloading from Washington DC with >1.1MB

Edited by ScrollTron1c

Where do you go to change your download server?

Top left of the Steam window, click Steam -> Settings -> Downloads + Cloud -> Download Region

It's a bit annoying to change this because it requires a client restart every time. You should also set your connection bandwidth there. Anyways it's nearing prime time on the east coast now, so DL speed is already halved from there but still twice as fast as the european servers atm.

Edited by ScrollTron1c

Where do you go to change your download server?

Top left of the Steam window, click Steam -> Settings -> Downloads + Cloud -> Download Region

It's a bit annoying to change this because it requires a client restart every time. You should also set your connection bandwidth there. Anyways it's nearing prime time on the east coast now, so DL speed is already halved from there but still twice as fast as the european servers atm.

Yeah I actually figured it out but thank you for the response.