Fallout New Vegas G.E.C.K. problems! mod wont load right

Sparton54

So i've released a couple mods just fine not that long ago. I took a break from modding for about 3 months and now I'm getting back into it, but i have one problem, they dont work now.

I use the G.E.C.K. and it's worked great in the past, but now when i open one of my mods and edit it, it makes the mod not work in the game. the .Esp file saves correctly (overwrites the old file and will load up in the geck with the edited info.) and opens correctly in the geck. it even shows up in the launcher and has a check by it! But when I load the game, it says "this game save may be missing content, ect. ect." (the same popup that comes up when you disable a mod after you've played it and have had a save). Then if i load it anyways, the mod is just not there. like for instance, say i made a puppy and put it in the strip 3 months ago, every thing works fine, and i can go pet the puppy in the game. Now let's say I go back into the G.E.C.K. today and give that puppy a assault carbine and save the file, then load the game, it'll no longer be there. But if i overwrite the edited mod with the old file, it'll be back the way it was.

any ideas?

-Thanks

EDIT: Also, even if I open a mod and edit nothing and just re save it and launch fallout I get the same results. And I'm pretty sure I have the newest version of the G.E.C.K., it's V 1.4.

Edited by Sparton54

It could be a version issue. I noticed that the NV GECK is finally in the Steam tools like Obsidian thought it was back at game launch :rolleyes:. That version might be updated for the newest game, though I don't think that they released an actual update? Might try that (if that's not the version you're using).

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...