Changing Warpaint on an NPC

StratonAce

Ahh I see, when he said to look up the actor in the object window, I was thinking the render window. I got it to work now, thanks! I found a "Update NPC Skin Tint" thingy in one of the drop down menus at the top of the toolset. Sadly it didn't seem to help with editing existing NPCs in Skyrim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Gonna necro this old thread since it popped up when I was trying to find the answer to the problem I just solved and it might help others with the same issue.

When trying to add warpaint to newly created npcs in the toolset, the warpaint simply never showed up for me. I knew to export the facegen data with ctr+F4 and everything else worked fine but the warpaint didn't show.

The fix is as follows:

1. Go to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Textures\actors\character\character assets folder

2. Grab the "tintmasks" folder and drag it onto the desktop.

3. Restart the creation kit.

4. Make the changes, save and export the facegen data with ctr+F4. (remember to set the interpolation value to 1.00 for the paint/paints you want to have showing)

5. Place the "tintmasks" folder back in its appropriate place again.

You'll need to drag the "tintmasks" folder back out everytime you want to work with tatoos in the toolset. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Sirwho you are the greatest!!!

Since months I was searching around and trying to fix the issue with warpaints and lipcolors,

but nothing I found for or what I have done helped.

Therefore thanks muchly for sharing your solution. Works really great!!!

Edited by Startrooper55

Oh my god, it did work!!

Someone please, do not let this topic go unnoticed! When I looked up for this issue through Google it showed a lot of pages and none of them had a "working" information.

This advice did the trick.

Thanks a lot!

Nice stuff here,

I just used the CS to change Lydia to a custom race

Then I had to save the new texture data

you need the actual character name, WhiterunHousecarl in Lydia's case highlighted/selected then you hit ctrl and f4

Now her head and body texture match! :D

Any idea how to get it to work for custom races?

i can make a character in game with warpaint but when i try to make an npc with it none of them show up.

Any idea how to get it to work for custom races?

i can make a character in game with warpaint but when i try to make an npc with it none of them show up.

You have to create a npc or as I a own race with the creation kit and then the warpaints works if you follow the description of sirwho.