Water 17 or Enhanced Water?

Buayadaratganas

You're talking about two completely different mod, which do different things.

- Water 17 is a simple texture replacer and adjust some of the exposed fog settings.

- Enhanced Water/Oblivion Reloaded include a complete water shader replacement, which is on a completely different level. You can't even compare it to the above one, but this doesn't mean they're incompatible.

Despite the "incompatibility" warning in Water 17, you should be able to use both as they touch completely different things.
It's like asking to choose between coffee (Water 17) or sugar (EW/OR), where coffee states it's incompatible with tea (other water/texture replacers mods). You can have both coffee and sugar (or tea and sugar, if you find another mod you like more than water 17, but sugar is still valid!).

Also, Oblivion Reloaded is fully modular, which means you can disable every single feature you don't want.

You can pick all the features you like and disable all performance intensive features.

OR has many fixes for the game engine you may want and have no impact on performances. Just ensure the shaders/effects are disabled and you should be fine.

- Water 17 is a simple texture replacer and adjust some of the exposed fog settings.

- Enhanced Water/Oblivion Reloaded include a complete water shader replacement, which is on a completely different level. You can't even compare it to the above one, but this doesn't mean they're incompatible.

Despite the "incompatibility" warning in Water 17, you should be able to use both as they touch completely different things.

It's like asking to choose between coffee (Water 17) or sugar (EW/OR), where coffee states it's incompatible with tea (other water/texture replacers mods). You can have both coffee and sugar (or tea and sugar, if you find another mod you like more than water 17, but sugar is still valid!).

Also, Oblivion Reloaded is fully modular, which means you can disable every single feature you don't want.

You can pick all the features you like and disable all performance intensive features.

OR has many fixes for the game engine you may want and have no impact on performances. Just ensure the shaders/effects are disabled and you should be fine.

And Forli you are soy sauce.

I talk about this Enhanced Water mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/8011/?

What wrong with you Forli. I think my question is simple and easy to understand.

Enhanced Water and OR is different.

Edited by Buayadaratganas

Oh, my bad! I read OR and I confused Enhanced Water with Improved Water :sweat: ... so many similar names out there... I should stop posting in the middle of night! :laugh:

Well, anyway, there's no water mod really better or worse than another one.

It only depends on your taste, that's why you received no answer!

Edited by forli

Not at all. You forget other things.

looks like you try to convince him to use OR even he already said he's using old computer. You can use OR on old computer but get ready for lagging gameplay.

Edited by Amirun

You can use OR in any computer, as long as you configure it.

Performance hit come from the shaders, effects, grass/LOD distance, etc... but you can disable them all.

Other features like mounted combat, dual wield and all the engine fixes (rain roof bug, etc...) comes with minimal to none performance cost, and can be used on on old computer too.

But this is going off topic, so let's end this talk about OR.

Edited by forli

You can use OR in any computer, as long as you configure it.

Performance hit come from the shaders, effects, grass/LOD distance, etc... but you can disable them all.

Other features like mounted combat, dual wield and all the engine fixes (rain roof bug, etc...) comes with minimal to none performance cost, and can be used on on old computer too.

But this is going off topic, so let's end this talk about OR.

Actually I have all feature that you listed there except shaders. You can get them all without using OR.

install OR but play without shaders? is that would satisfy you when you play OR without all feature? some feature in OR can obtained from another similar mod(not all but almost). Some features that included in OR were from other mod. OR just like package. All in one. It's alternative installation for beginner. Will help them a lot.

OK done. Have a nice day.

Edited by Amirun