Increase Max Followers Mod?

Darkstorne

Is there a mod that simply increases the max number of followers that can follow us around at once? By default we can only have one follower.

I see a lot of follower mods on the SE Nexus like AFT, iAFT, EFF, that increase the follower limit... but they also go full-on crazy and overhaul the follower system so much that they inevitably conflict with other popular mods I use like Interesting NPCs and My Home is Your Home. I also found this mod that sounds like it does what I want (simpy makes the limit 100, no other changes to the follower systems) but the comments make it clear the mod is completely broken and never worked in the first place. Finally, there's this mod for Oldrim that does exactly what I want (increases follower limit to 10, that's all) but it requires SKSE so no SE port is possible.

Why doesn't this kind of mod exist for SE yet? Seems strange that we have so many complex and complete overhauls of the follower system, yet we don't have a simpler mod that simply bumps up the vanilla follower limit to keep things as compatible as possible...

To be fair, I'd still go for (i)AFT - it gives you many more option which you can happily ignore (god knows I do) - while achieving what you really want from it....

Also, I think it may be worth looking into the .ini files, there should be a follower limit in there somewhere for you to edit :)