Object Lock

EvilVictrix

Place Everywhere is a great mod and Im sure the majority supports that statement.

My only issue is, I am SO BEYOND FRUSTRATED when im going through moving stuff and building my Sanctuary Hills settlement or any other settlement, I pick up or scrap the wrong objects that I want to keep where they are FOREVER.

My Mod idea is to have a locking feature, where at the touch of a button, I can "lock" my object in place and never worry about accidentally moving it or scraping it. The hard part of this would be figuring out a way to make it reverse as well if possible so we can unlock the object should we want to move them in the future.

I would create this if I had any clue how to use FO4E or Creation Kit. And well obviously the hard part of having the knowledge of how to make this work.

Place Everywhere is a great mod and Im sure the majority supports that statement.

My only issue is, I am SO BEYOND FRUSTRATED when im going through moving stuff and building my Sanctuary Hills settlement or any other settlement, I pick up or scrap the wrong objects that I want to keep where they are FOREVER.

My Mod idea is to have a locking feature, where at the touch of a button, I can "lock" my object in place and never worry about accidentally moving it or scraping it. The hard part of this would be figuring out a way to make it reverse as well if possible so we can unlock the object should we want to move them in the future.

I would create this if I had any clue how to use FO4E or Creation Kit. And well obviously the hard part of having the knowledge of how to make this work.

I'll second this - as I feel your pain - agony & frustration.

.. Jj ...

I'm fairly certain that Place Everywhere already has that function built in. From the mod description:

"You can make movable objects like armor, weapons, junk, e.t.c static (kannot be kicked and don't fall) and back. Default hotkeys - 'Home' turn object physics on (make it movable/droppable if possible), 'End' turn object physics off (make it static if possible)."

Have never used the feature myself to know if it prevents things from being scrappable, but that pretty much sounds like what you're asking for.

I'm fairly certain that Place Everywhere already has that function built in. From the mod description:

"You can make movable objects like armor, weapons, junk, e.t.c static (kannot be kicked and don't fall) and back. Default hotkeys - 'Home' turn object physics on (make it movable/droppable if possible), 'End' turn object physics off (make it static if possible)."

Have never used the feature myself to know if it prevents things from being scrappable, but that pretty much sounds like what you're asking for.

I'll check this out today. I have that mod and have not found that feature, but then, 2/b honest - I did not know it was there to be used or found.

The Game Is Afoot!

.. Jj ...